DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Technique > Tips 'n Tricks - General Production
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Tips 'n Tricks - General Production Whether a happy accident, or based on years of experience, find/post 'em here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th February 2011 , 01:54 PM

Red face Expanding my set up

Hi All,

I'm new round here, after reading all the sound advice on offer I thought I 'd pose my own problem here.

It's probably easily solveable by some of you pros.

I'm currently running Logic 9 on my imac through a MOTU 8pre, in a small control room where I do all the recording.
I'm happy with the basic set up, I just plug in guitars/mics to the pre amps whenever I want them.

I've now acquired the room next door to my small control room, in which I have set up drums, guitar amps and a basic vocal booth. I'll need approx 10 Xlr's and (2 TRS jacks for guitar amps)

I'll also need a way to play guitar in the control room whilst recording in the drum room and a way to send audio through to headphones in the drum room,
Is this doable for a snake? If so what about 48v power if I want to use my vocal mic.

Then the other problem, Once I get the correct snake, how do I go about connecting it to my MOTU pre8,someone suggested I pick up a Mackie Onyx and use that as my main interface but it doesn't seem to have ADAT!!

I'm a little bit stuck and there is loads of questions here so please forgive this long introduction to the forum.

Many thanks for any help
colinpollock is offline Offline
Last edited by colinpollock; 11th February 2011 at 10:37 PM. . <