DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers

DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers (/)
-   Tips 'n Tricks - General Production (http://forums.dv247.com/tips-n-tricks-general-production/)
-   -   How could I recreate this 'harmonic-like' synth sound? (http://forums.dv247.com/tips-n-tricks-general-production/6157-how-could-i-recreate-harmonic-like-synth-sound.html)

Mikki Funk 30th September 2010 06:22 AM

How could I recreate this 'harmonic-like' synth sound?

Such a great sound. Sounds a little like harmonics on an electric guitar at first, but the way its played I know there isn't any way you could actually do this on an electric guitar... Then again it could be a straight sample of a strong harmonic note from a guitar.

I thinking it would be do-able with Sculpture in Logic, going to mess around when I get back from work much later today! Or maybe friday perhaps haha, dont finish till 3am :bbangry:

Any ideas peeps?

Thanks

EdRyan 26th October 2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikki Funk (Post 50894)

Check your tags Mikki. That's why it didn't embed properly. Have a look at my post against yours by using the quote function...you'll see where it went wrong mate.

Dave Boulden 26th October 2010 04:21 PM

Sounds like a Rhodes or a Wurly played through a talkbox to me.

Mikki Funk 3rd November 2010 02:51 AM

Not quite sure how to do that Ed, tried quoting what you said but it only showed the text (not sure how to select the video itself to paste into/ between the quote parts...

And you know Dave, that quite reminds me of a sound ive found in the past... Using the evp88 in Logic, with loads of the treble pot on the plugin turned up, it sounds quite similar if you play it with lots of velocity. Might try and get one of those notes and sample it so its consistent! Thanks for the hint mate ;)