DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Old 17th January 2009 , 06:01 PM
Forum Poet

Default Sonar 8.3 Update?

and not 8.0.3 (as in bug fix)

Appears to be a major update on the horizon - - february

The SONAR 8.3 update will include:

* Snap Presets: SONAR has always provided flexibility in snap settings, allowing for audio and MIDI edits to specific musical or absolute times (to snap points, or by time intervals), clip events, transients, and markers. SONAR 8.3 introduces user-defined 'Snap Presets' that can instantly recall all of these settings in one click, providing a fast, efficient way to incorporate many edit type combinations into your workflow.
* External Inserts: Allow you to insert outboard gear into your projects, while providing sample accurate delay compensation. New optimizations for SONAR 8.3: improved sync when mixing external hardware with other plug-ins that require delay compensation; multiple external inserts can be used in the same project; improved stability on multiprocessing machines; and improved sync while looping. The "ping" test has also been improved to consistently return sample accurate offsets without any further adjustments.
* Optimized multiprocessor load balancing: More efficient handling of multithread processing for improved CPU utilization and better overall performance.
* Aim Assist enhancements: SONAR's visual guide for precision editing can now follow snap settings or automatically align to clip starts and ends.
* Vintage synth sounds for Dimension Pro: Original samples of the legendary Roland SH-101, TB-303, and VP-330, along with classic sounds of the Arp Odyssey, Moog Minimoog and Sequential Circuits Prophet5.
* Classic Drum kits for Session Drummer 2: Genre-defining original samples of the classic Roland TR-707, TR-727, TR-808, and TR-909 drum synthesizers, along with kits from Sequential Circuits Drumtraks and Linn Electronics LinnDrum.
* Guitar Rig 3 LE and TruePianos Amber Module updates: Offering support for Windows Vista x64.

A comprehensive list of all feature enhancements and refinement of the user experience will be posted when the SONAR 8.3 Update is released in February, 2009.

Wait and see what transpires

Is this a shot the in arm for Sonar users? Possibly. Sonar 8 has been a bit mixed. Think they have to plan their next move from february to october very carefully.
Old 17th January 2009 , 06:04 PM
Costa Del Cool

and
Old 17th January 2009 , 07:49 PM
Forum Poet

Just make sure the core of the programme is top notch and not feel pressured to just throw out Sonar 9 without making the platform as airtight as possible