DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Technique > Recording & Mixing
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Recording & Mixing Pimped rig but got no mojo? Learn from the experts here

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46 (permalink)  
Old 13th October 2008 , 10:01 PM
Forum Idol
 
sureno's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: west london depot
Posts: 7,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankGIK View Post
I can't do it tonight, but I'll see if I can put together an A/B clip for tomorrow. Remember that most recorded music is not about "realism", it's about suspension of disbelief. Come on...how many of you have heard a live kick? Does it sound anything like those big, clicky kicks you get in 95% of pop music? Don't worry that your kick doesn't sound anything like the ones you hear on the radio...neither do theirs before the process them

Frank
Oh wow, thanks Frank no rush though dude. just would be awesome to hear a pro show what can be achieved and how
______________________________
Im a Mac and Windows 7 was not my idea
WWW.SURENO.CO.UK
www.myspace.com/djsureno
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #47 (permalink)  
Old 13th October 2008 , 10:29 PM
Mic Check 1!
 
TrevCircleStudios's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: England
Posts: 3,829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureno View Post
Oh wow, thanks Frank no rush though dude. just would be awesome to hear a pro show what can be achieved and how
Great idea Frank.

In the meantime, think of it like this Sureno... When you have your kick going, what don't you like about how it sounds? If it's that it you can hear a little pinging sound, that's when you'd sweep with a narrow Q and high boost. Once you hear that your boost has emphasised the sound you don't like reverse the boost into a 2-3db cut. Voila. You have cut the annoying sound. Make sense?

Also if someoone can explain to me how to do a screen shot of an EQ plug-in maybe Frank or I could show you what a particular sound might look like so you can look while you listen.
______________________________
www.circlestudios.co.uk
TrevCircleStudios is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #48 (permalink)  
Old 14th October 2008 , 09:23 AM
Forum Idol
 
sureno's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: west london depot
Posts: 7,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevCircleStudios View Post
Great idea Frank.

In the meantime, think of it like this Sureno... When you have your kick going, what don't you like about how it sounds? If it's that it you can hear a little pinging sound, that's when you'd sweep with a narrow Q and high boost. Once you hear that your boost has emphasised the sound you don't like reverse the boost into a 2-3db cut. Voila. You have cut the annoying sound. Make sense?

Also if someoone can explain to me how to do a screen shot of an EQ plug-in maybe Frank or I could show you what a particular sound might look like so you can look while you listen.
well on PC press shift + prt sc or mac use the grab utility to cut a selection of the screen, this is in utilities found in applications really appreciate this
______________________________
Im a Mac and Windows 7 was not my idea
WWW.SURENO.CO.UK
www.myspace.com/djsureno
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #49 (permalink)  
Old 14th October 2008 , 09:30 AM
Mic Check 1!
 
TrevCircleStudios's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: England
Posts: 3,829
Default

Maybe someone can tell me what to do on mac...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureno View Post
well on PC press shift + prt sc or mac use the grab utility to cut a selection of the screen, this is in utilities found in applications really appreciate this
______________________________
www.circlestudios.co.uk
TrevCircleStudios is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)  
Old 14th October 2008 , 09:37 AM
Forum Idol
 
sureno's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: west london depot
Posts: 7,873
Default

OS X

HD>Applications>Utilities>Grab

once grab is open go to

capture>selection

then simply click the mouse in the corner of the screenshot you want and holding the button drag the pointer so as to cover what you want captured, once released you can save the pic taken
______________________________
Im a Mac and Windows 7 was not my idea
WWW.SURENO.CO.UK
www.myspace.com/djsureno
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
mix eq, subtractive eq

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The perfect Mic for Vocals modz1 Pro Audio 25 4th September 2012 07:29 PM
best headphones for mixing dvdan Pro Audio 65 9th June 2011 04:32 PM
Drum kit mic techniques JAYDMF Recording & Mixing 15 14th August 2008 08:19 PM
Mixing Music and Vocals for Live performance PeterM26 PA Systems & Live sound 6 29th July 2008 11:51 AM
Extracting Vocals sureno Music Software 2 24th July 2008 11:36 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.0
1999-2017 DV247 Ltd. All rights reserved.