DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Digital Audio Sequencers > Reason
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Reason Discuss Propellerheads unique platform..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th February 2011 , 03:19 AM

Default Unable to save "Device Denied Access" Windows 7 64-bit Pro, Reason 401

Wondering if anyone could help me with this please? I have recently installed W7 and can open all my Reason files, but it won't let me save over them, reporting back that the device has denied access. I have checked my ownership and permissions in Windows and all looks fine, so it must be something to do with Reason, but I just don't know what.

I was previously on XP Pro and still have that installation working all fine, but before I clear it, want to get my W7 working find with Reason ;(

Any ideas...? I think it may be an issue with Windows 7 to be honest, but just not sure what I could be doing wrong...
dariunas is offline Offline
Old 10th February 2011 , 02:58 PM
Furry Filter Phreak

User account control perhaps?
Old 10th February 2011 , 04:51 PM

I think you may be right as it's working fine with XP. My user account in W7 appears to have full ownership and permissions, but I still have a feeling something's not right... Probably W7 rather than Reason, but hoping someone else has been able to resolve the same issue... perhaps :S
Old 10th February 2011 , 05:52 PM
Furry Filter Phreak

I mean specifically the new windows 7 feature called 'User Account Control' - not general permissions
Old 11th February 2011 , 06:16 PM

Hey Khazul, just checked that all out and that appears to be fine. Going through more it seems I can save over some files, but not others :|

May be a case of re-installing and see if that helps, but just not sure what may have changed in the first place... appreciate the assist!
Old 15th February 2011 , 01:04 AM

Default Solved

Thanks for your help. Turned out that even though my account had Admin status you still have to manually right-click and 'Run As Administrator' to run things properly' since doing this the problem has disappeared. Only realised this when Sonar wouldn't let me register because it said I wasn't Admin :|

You can also launch programs as Admin by default by right-clicking the .exe or the file shortcut from the start menu >properties>compatibility tab, then tick the box at the bottom which would apply running as admin to that program specifically for the account you're logged in under... I think
Old 15th February 2011 , 01:16 AM
Furry Filter Phreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dariunas View Post
Thanks for your help. Turned out that even though my account had Admin status you still have to manually right-click and 'Run As Administrator' to run things properly' since doing this the problem has disappeared. Only realised this when Sonar wouldn't let me register because it said I wasn't Admin :|

You can also launch programs as Admin by default by right-clicking the .exe or the file shortcut from the start menu >properties>compatibility tab, then tick the box at the bottom which would apply running as admin to that program specifically for the account you're logged in under... I think
Thats what I meat by the windows 7 feature 'User Account Control'

You can disable it, though obvious doing so will make your computer less secure - dependns how much you trust you yourself, other machine users (if any), firewall, antivirus etc...