DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Digital Audio Sequencers > Reason
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Reason Discuss Propellerheads unique platform..

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 3rd April 2010 , 11:43 AM
Junior Member
 
illuminatus's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3
Exclamation Serious lack of proper electric guitar sounds/synth in Reason

Right now i have only 2 issues with Reason


1.


Theres a whole FOLDER of "electric guitars" in the sound bank.

Yet not on, NOT ONE, sounds like a real proper electric guitar.

If you do not know what i mean just listen and compare to Fruity Loops 8 v and above "FL Slayer" - electric guitar synthesiser. And see the difference.

Whats up with that??

Maybe i do not understand something, i emailed reason support.... maybe someone can explain and help me figure out this issue?
illuminatus is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 3rd April 2010 , 11:49 AM
Sound Guru
 
whitecat's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Surrey / London
Posts: 2,740
Default

That's just MIDI/synths in general. Guitars aren't replicated well by samplers, they never have been and not much progress has been made - as you've noted, some are better than others. But, IMO, if you need real-sounding guitars, buy a guitar!
______________________________
http://www.whitecat.tv
whitecat is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 3rd April 2010 , 03:05 PM
Junior Member
 
illuminatus's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3
Default

Ohh yea there are guitar synthesisers alright...



I just returned:

Well after 24 hours of heavy work and investigation i can conclude the following:

1.
There simply is no suitable synth/generator/sampler that produces proper "heavy metal", what some might call it, guitar sound in Propellerhead Reason....


2.
There are such plug ins VSTs such as Slayer which is perfect for this.
But for some reason Reason does not support those...


3.
Fruity Loops has FL Slayer. But here is a ...... "interesting" part, it appears you can wire or as you say rewire reason sounds INTO Fruity Loops but not the other way around FL Slayer into Reason



Well... yeah... u should see the look on my face.


I bought Reason 4 because it said it has "everything to start producing music" or something like that. I bought it because theres lots of instruments and a great sequencer. Unfortunately there are no guitars...


What am i supposed to do, seeing that i am electro dance music producer and electro goes hand in hand with these guitar sounds???

I guess i can rute Reason into FL and do my work there on tracks that need guitars ... but it is a bit amature dont you think? And i do not like FL sequencer....


Looks like, i will have to splash 400 pounds on Cubase 5... althought i have not researched what instruments it has yet but i do know it supports VST
illuminatus is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 6th April 2010 , 11:25 PM
Rave Digga
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,722
Default

i dont like reason because its too enclosed you cant add to it the only add on is record but you can rewire it which is simple to do you get to use all the features in reason great synths such as thor but control/record everything in your rewired app such as cubase...etc
cubase 5 does have guitar sounds in halione but before you buy cubase i suggest you download the full version demo off the steinberg website that way you can see if its worth the money for what you want it too do.
also i have slayer its terrible i have virtual guitar /halion player and hypersonic 2 which are much better go on youtube and look for demos of them before you buy them.

cubase demo link..i think you need a steinberg key which cost about 17 pounds but worth it as youll need one if you buy further plug ins that require syncrosoft security.
http://www.steinberg.net/en/products...alversion.html

steinberg key youll need --
http://www.dv247.com/computer-music-...-dongle--26160
waxxy is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 13th April 2010 , 08:15 AM
Furry Filter Phreak
 
Khazul's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reading, UK
Posts: 1,130
Default

Welcome to the reality of reason. It's great until you hit it's brick wall limits. As for guitar sounds - convincing guitar riffs on a keyboard is allmost entirely about technique - how you use the controls and particularly how you voice your chords.
______________________________
Nothing to see here... Move along!
Khazul is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 13th April 2010 , 08:39 AM
Tarnce Monkey
 
tehlord's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazul View Post
Welcome to the reality of reason. It's great until you hit it's brick wall limits. As for guitar sounds - convincing guitar riffs on a keyboard is allmost entirely about technique - how you use the controls and particularly how you voice your chords.

He's alive!
tehlord is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 13th April 2010 , 09:26 AM
Mic Check 1!
 
TrevCircleStudios's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: England
Posts: 3,829
Default

SHOCK HORROR HEADLINE: pretend guitars do not sound like real guitars!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal3 View Post
... if you need real-sounding guitars, buy a guitar!
amen brother!
______________________________
www.circlestudios.co.uk
TrevCircleStudios is offline Offline
Last edited by TrevCircleStudios; 13th April 2010 at 09:29 AM. . <
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 13th April 2010 , 09:28 AM
Forum Idol
 
sureno's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: west london depot
Posts: 7,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevCircleStudios View Post
amen brother!
but that would be too easy
______________________________
Im a Mac and Windows 7 was not my idea
WWW.SURENO.CO.UK
www.myspace.com/djsureno
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 13th April 2010 , 09:37 AM
Forum Poet
 
I_Am_Bic_Pentameter's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 2,029
Default

Did you ever sell your Strat, DJ Rubface?
______________________________
˘ / ˘ / ˘ / ˘ / ˘ /
I_Am_Bic_Pentameter is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 13th April 2010 , 09:45 AM
Forum Idol
 
sureno's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: west london depot
Posts: 7,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Am_Bic_Pentameter View Post
Did you ever sell your Strat, DJ Rubface?
swapped it for waves platinum bundle
______________________________
Im a Mac and Windows 7 was not my idea
WWW.SURENO.CO.UK
www.myspace.com/djsureno
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 13th April 2010 , 09:48 AM
Tarnce Monkey
 
tehlord's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureno View Post
swapped it for waves platinum bundle
Was that Shimmer thing you 'awesomized' for me done with L3?
tehlord is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 13th April 2010 , 09:51 AM
Forum Idol
 
sureno's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: west london depot
Posts: 7,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehlord View Post
Was that Shimmer thing you 'awesomized' for me done with L3?
______________________________
Im a Mac and Windows 7 was not my idea
WWW.SURENO.CO.UK
www.myspace.com/djsureno
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 13th April 2010 , 09:53 AM
Tarnce Monkey
 
tehlord's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureno View Post
Ah sorry.



I forgot that you don't like people knowing you use anything as tacky as a Limiter.
tehlord is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 13th April 2010 , 05:24 PM
Furry Filter Phreak
 
Khazul's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reading, UK
Posts: 1,130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehlord View Post
He's alive!
Barely - The loathesome evil Corp that I work for has taken away my life and sent me to work on some utterly meaningless project with 4 hrs a day travelling so no life no studio time and the only reason I can read this occasionally is I eventually got rid of the useless windows phone a got an iPhone that does amazing things like bowsing the web and answering calls without crashing
______________________________
Nothing to see here... Move along!
Khazul is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
You've got 500 to buy an electric Guitar Piano Guitar Heaven 7 19th March 2010 11:22 PM
please help all this equipment and electric guitar is still sounding dull lodwales Pro Audio 10 30th January 2010 07:15 PM
Best way to record an electric guitar? UnworthyJobba Guitar Heaven 6 10th July 2009 05:51 PM
ESP LTD EX 401 OW Electric Guitar LiamK89 Guitar Heaven 1 6th March 2009 05:23 PM
Recording Electric Guitar using a DI box? Damnation Recording & Mixing 16 26th July 2008 03:05 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.0
1999-2017 DV247 Ltd. All rights reserved.