DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Old 20th April 2014 , 03:36 PM

Default First PA Setup for 3-piece

Hi there!

My band - a 3 peice rock outfit of whom I am the bass player - have decided after many gigs of not being able to hear a thing but our own amps, it's time to invest in our first PA system. I know you guys get this a lot so I have looked around and I feel like I know a little bit about what we need but considering it's gonna cost a lot of money whatever we do (we're students), thought I'd best ask you guys about some specifics.

We need to start from the bottom, meaning we need it all! Mics, stands cables and everything. Bearing this in mind I realise whatever we do it won't be cheap so I've set a provisional budget of 1000.

For what we want to do: Get a good sound distribution to varying sizes of audiences and venues and also hear each other, this is what I was thinking we would need and an example of the particular item we were thinking of getting:

-Soundcraft EPM 12 Mixer (enough inputs for drums, Bass Di, Guitar Amp and 2 vocals)
-the t.amp E800 Power amp (Well reviewed but no idea if it has the right amount of power)
-2x the box PA108 speakers (Cheap and passive)
-2x Behringer VP1800 S subwoofers (Get the low end out without putting too much strain on the other PA speakers
- 2x the box PA M 12 ECO MKII floor monitors (So we can hear ourselves)
- Red 5 RVK7 Drum kit mic set (good value for money and a brand I've liked in the past)
- 3x Red 5 RVD30 (decent quality for 2 vocals and 1 guitar)
Misc Cables and stands

I imagine a lot of this stuff isn't great or compatible but that's why I thought I'd ask before I spend any money! Thanks for any advice or guidance!
Broomiester is offline Offline