DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Music Equipment Discussion > Pro Audio
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Pro Audio Mixers, mics, outboard, monitors, headphones

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th September 2013 , 12:21 PM

Post Adam A5 - odd noises, even when unplugged

Hi.

I bought a pair of Adam A5s from DV about three years ago. Been very happy with them, they've seen a lot of use.

They're in a smoke free studio, but recently one of them has started making odd noises - if you imagine you're turning a dirty pot and that sort of rough sound with the occasional crackle. Recently it's deteriorated and now the volume is fluctuating too.

I thought it may be an some external source (mixer, audio interface), but the noises persist (on a sporadic but getting more persistent basis) even when only the power is plugged in.

Questions: it's only happening in one, can I therefore rule out the power supply as a source of the noise?
Is this a known issue with this model (the internet doesn't seem to think it is).
What's my best course of action?
Does anyone know if Adam have licenced / approved repairers? The adam web-site isn't much help, the closest I can find is [url]http://www.adam-audio.com/en/pro-audio/faq#1006[/url] -
"Answer: Should service be required, please contact the ADAM Audio dealer where the product has been purchased."

I live in Surrey and would prefer somewhere local and trustworthy.
g1ngerrevolution is offline Offline
Old 4th September 2013 , 06:20 PM

Well presumably you should take it back to DV.

Otherwise I believe the Adam UK distributor is :

ADAM AUDIO UK LTD.
49 EFFRA ROAD,
UNIT 42, EUROLINK BUSINESS CENTRE
SW2 1BZ LONDON
GREAT BRITAIN

Tel.: +44-207 737 3777
Last edited by spyder; 4th September 2013 at 06:28 PM. . <
Old 7th October 2013 , 10:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by g1ngerrevolution View Post
Hi.

I bought a pair of Adam A5s from DV about three years ago. Been very happy with them, they've seen a lot of use.

They're in a smoke free studio, but recently one of them has started making odd noises - if you imagine you're turning a dirty pot and that sort of rough sound with the occasional crackle. Recently it's deteriorated and now the volume is fluctuating too.

I thought it may be an some external source (mixer, audio interface), but the noises persist (on a sporadic but getting more persistent basis) even when only the power is plugged in.

Questions: it's only happening in one, can I therefore rule out the power supply as a source of the noise?
Is this a known issue with this model (the internet doesn't seem to think it is).
What's my best course of action?
Hi,

If you have not already done so, please contact our returns department:
http://www.dv247.com/returns

Many thanks,
Chris
chrisa is offline Offline