DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers

DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers (/)
-   Pro Audio (http://forums.dv247.com/pro-audio/)
-   -   Waxxy: how are those Perception 150s? (http://forums.dv247.com/pro-audio/547-waxxy-how-those-perception-150s.html)

whitecat 1st August 2008 08:02 AM

Waxxy: how are those Perception 150s?

Tried 'em out yet? Any good? What sources?

I've got a need for some SDCs. While what I REALLY want is a matched pair of Josephson C42s followed by a matched pair of Neumann KM184s, but those AKGs look like a great deal right now - cheap enough that I can buy 'em now but they're AKGs, so I wouldn't be ashamed to have them in the mic locker in the future even if shinier, better and more expensive mics eventually made their way into my collection.

Anyone else out there tried them? Are there any viable alternatives at that price?

waxxy 1st August 2008 01:09 PM

ive only managed too have a quick go with them because me and my family are all full of colds :(

but from what i did try i was impressed..the sound quality is very clear and much better than my shures..they also look much better than the pub singer looking shures lol.

i think the deal dv247 are doing on them is great and if you need a mic too use for instrumenational pick ups then i dont think youll get better for the price.

EdRyan 4th August 2008 01:20 AM

I went out and purchased 2 of these last week.

Regardless of their price, they are really nice microphones. Tried them doing a body and neck setup on an acoustic and they sounded really crisp. Then some vocals and they were sweet on that as well.

I'd be a bit dubious about AKG's claim that they can be used for everything. I certainly wouldn't get sticking one in a kick drum, even with the pad on.

That said, since I've used AKG mic's at uni, I have really started liking them. Even though I had Baby Blue's, Rϕde and some other fancy stuff to use, I still normally picked the AKG mics because I was impressed with their quality of the whole range.

DjRo 5th August 2008 01:50 PM

P150;s

Hello! Have used these for recording and the clarity that you get out of them are fantastic. If you want a sensitive mic with excellent clarity then this is the mic for you!

DjRo

waxxy 5th August 2008 02:06 PM

im glad you like them too ..since i got them ive recommended them to lots of people ..for the money there hard too beat and there a useful addition too any studio.:cool:

gzweb 5th August 2008 02:33 PM

Really cool as a first mic! ;)