DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Music Equipment Discussion > Pro Audio
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Pro Audio Mixers, mics, outboard, monitors, headphones

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd January 2009 , 04:26 AM

Default Off Topic: Can any mods here check my dv247 order?

Hello,

I can't see a forum for these queries, which presumably should be directed to the dv247 sales department / customer service. However, my 2 emails to orders at digitalvillage.co.uk over the last week appear to have been ignored and I am increasingly concerned about my order.

If any mod here has any contact with the sales side of dv247, could you please check out the progress of the following order and let me know what, if anything, is happening :-

Order number W111716
Ordered on: 02/01/2009

I am most unimpressed with the customer service I have received, which is zero, along with the considerable delay since ordering my item. I won't be considering dv247 for any future purchases, but I'd be grateful of help in finally resolving this one. I am on the verge of concluding I have been ripped off, and taking necessary action to recover my money.

Thankyou,
Lee
leecovuk is offline Offline
Old 22nd January 2009 , 08:48 AM
Furry Filter Phreak

When you placed an order you should have got a couple of emails:
one to confirm receipt of order and later another to confirm that it is being processed, then finally another to confirm shipping.

All of those have a telephone number on it which I suggest you call.

If you havnt received any emails from them, then its perhaps worth checking junk mail filters etc and definately worth calling them.

In my experience just about everything I have ever order from them was shipped next day if I ordereed it early enough and it was in stock at time of processing.
Last edited by Khazul; 22nd January 2009 at 08:51 AM. . <
Old 22nd January 2009 , 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazul View Post

In my experience just about everything I have ever order from them was shipped next day if I ordereed it early enough and it was in stock at time of processing.
Yes same here too
cane creek is offline Offline
Old 22nd January 2009 , 09:11 AM
Sound Guru

seriously man, if email doesn't appear to be getting through, why aren't you just picking up the phone? you could have probably got an answer to this in about ten seconds.
whitecat is offline Offline
Old 22nd January 2009 , 09:19 AM
Administrator

It is indeed most unusual, and I'd guess almost impossible that DV's sales team would ignore your emails Lee. I know for sure that any email regarding a customer complaint or comment is also seen by the most senior of Directors. T3's post has me agreeing with him also..

I will however, bring this thread to someone's attention in customer services..
Old 22nd January 2009 , 04:05 PM
Forum Poet

Err he's kinda right about the emails

And the 3-12 days is a bit open ended at the moment

Needs investigation.
Old 22nd January 2009 , 04:05 PM

Hello and thanks for your replies.

I'm aware this isn't really suitable for this forum, but thanks for bearing with me. I don't get any thrill out of 'publicly moaning' and have no 'axe to grind' against dv247; I only posted here out of some desperation.

For info;
I received the initial email, then another, these shortly after the purchase and payment. Since then my order has been showing on the order status as 'confirmed' but nothing else apparently happening.

I was / am aware the item would be subject to a shipping delay, maybe around 2 weeks, but that has passed.
The emails I mentioned, to which I have had no reply, were enquiries from me sent to the orders@ address I mentioned. I only received seemingly automated replies saying my query would be dealt with. None appear to have gone into junk/trash, hence my concern and opinion of the customer service.

I generally prefer to keep all communication written, so I have a record of it, rather than phoning up. Plus, I have no idea which of the national branches may be dealing with my order. Maybe Birmingham seeing as it is closest to me in Coventry?

Anyway, I've still heard nor received anything, but it's reassuring to hear that some of you apparently have good experiences. This at least reassures me a little that I probably haven't been ripped off.
All I want to know is 'what is happening' and 'when will I receive my order'. Doesn't sound much, does it.
Hopefully somebody will indeed come back to me as a result of posting here; we'll see.

Thanks again,
Lee
leecovuk is offline Offline
Old 22nd January 2009 , 04:14 PM
Keeper o' the Keys!

Lee, for the sake of your own concerns, give them a call. The DV staff have always been extremely polite and helpful whenever I've contacted them in the past over quite a number of purchases. If you are concerned about having a "audit trail" of your correspondance (and I can understand why you want this on *any* online transaction), ask them to confirm your phone discussion in a follow-up email.
Old 23rd January 2009 , 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leecovuk View Post
Hello,

I can't see a forum for these queries, which presumably should be directed to the dv247 sales department / customer service. However, my 2 emails to orders at digitalvillage.co.uk over the last week appear to have been ignored and I am increasingly concerned about my order.

If any mod here has any contact with the sales side of dv247, could you please check out the progress of the following order and let me know what, if anything, is happening :-

Order number W111716
Ordered on: 02/01/2009

I am most unimpressed with the customer service I have received, which is zero, along with the considerable delay since ordering my item. I won't be considering dv247 for any future purchases, but I'd be grateful of help in finally resolving this one. I am on the verge of concluding I have been ripped off, and taking necessary action to recover my money.

Thankyou,
Lee
I've got the same problem...I ordered a soundcard the 10th january, it was in stock, but after 2 days I received an email saying it was no more available and asking me to choose from 3 options. I answered to that email with my choice.
Last monday I did another order for a mic preamp, in stock, I received the first email but today it still not shipped.
I wrote 2 emails but I received no answer and I don't know if you have read the email with my choice also.
Anyway the first item is still not available so it's not a problem but the second one is available but it hasn't been shipped yet after a week.
I'm from Italy and it's not very convenient (for the money) to call so far away because someone doesn't answer to the emails.

Michele
regrexion is offline Offline
Last edited by regrexion; 23rd January 2009 at 10:17 AM. . <
Old 23rd January 2009 , 10:26 AM
DV Staff

Hi Lee
I'm just looking into this for you - trying to get through to the supplier with no joy at the moment.

Michele - kindly provide me with your order number and I'll look into this for you.

Alternatively you can contact our customer services team on 01708 771900/951 or even my desk on 01708 771950

Cheers, Dan
dvdan is offline Offline
Last edited by dvdan; 23rd January 2009 at 10:28 AM. . <
Old 23rd January 2009 , 10:30 AM

Order1: W114633 (M-Audio profire 2626)

Order2: W117011 (Focusrite Octopre LE)

Thank you for your help

Michele
Old 23rd January 2009 , 02:32 PM
DV Staff

Hi Lee, I've tried to call you and I've sent you an email. Is there a better time to call regarding order number W111716?

All the best,

Ed
Ed DV247 is offline Offline
Old 23rd January 2009 , 03:20 PM

Any news about my orders?

Thank you very much

Michele
Old 24th January 2009 , 10:03 AM

Anyway....I bought the focusrite octopre LE with the adat card for 322 (monday). You haven't shipped it yet...but today the same item costs 419.99
Don't expect I will pay any additional money for your delay...I don't know..is this the reason because you haven't shipped yet?
Sorry if it seems I protest a little too much, but I don't know what I have to think.... no comunications after my payment, no answers to my emails....
Everybodies say dv247.com is a great shop...and I wanna think the same too

Hope to receive some news

Michele
Last edited by regrexion; 24th January 2009 at 10:34 AM. . <
Old 24th January 2009 , 11:53 AM
Forum Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by regrexion View Post
Anyway....I bought the focusrite octopre LE with the adat card for 322 (monday). You haven't shipped it yet...but today the same item costs 419.99
Don't expect I will pay any additional money for your delay...I don't know..is this the reason because you haven't shipped yet?
Sorry if it seems I protest a little too much, but I don't know what I have to think.... no comunications after my payment, no answers to my emails....
Everybodies say dv247.com is a great shop...and I wanna think the same too

Hope to receive some news

Michele
have you tried calling to chase it up?
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline