DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Old 11th September 2008 , 03:58 PM

Default Uploading Audio Files

Would really appreciate some help with this one...

I've just finished a mix project and recorded it as a 2hour 24bit 48khz WAV file. This file is huge and even when converted to an 320 Mp3 on i-tunes it is still taking over an hour for it to upload or be sent (using megaupload)

I was wondering what is the best software for converting the WAV to an Mp3? I want the file to be the best possible quality but at the smallest possible size or upload/download speed.
Centrifuge is offline Offline
Old 11th September 2008 , 05:17 PM
Forum Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centrifuge View Post
Would really appreciate some help with this one...

I've just finished a mix project and recorded it as a 2hour 24bit 48khz WAV file. This file is huge and even when converted to an 320 Mp3 on i-tunes it is still taking over an hour for it to upload or be sent (using megaupload)

I was wondering what is the best software for converting the WAV to an Mp3? I want the file to be the best possible quality but at the smallest possible size or upload/download speed.
Mac i like Peak pro or even Switch for ease
PC id have to say soundforge or wavelab

thats my 2pence
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Old 11th September 2008 , 05:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Well personally I'd say iTunes.

A .wav or .aiff file can be converted to MP3 or AAC format, and you can set a custom kbps rate for the conversion to make the file smaller..You will of course compromise quality the lower the kbps.

Does the file length have to be over 2 hours long.. What is it destined to be used for?
.. and could it be split in two for transferral (if just for a reference)?
Old 11th September 2008 , 07:02 PM

at 24/48, is this a audio for a video file? Otherwise you should be at 44.1.

As far as file size goes, the better the Mp3 quality, the bigger the file. You're getting huge files because you're converting at 320; if you want smaller files you'll have to lower your conversion quality. There is no other way to do it. Two hours of 24/48 audio is a hell of a large file...you could be at 250MB easy.

Frank
www.gikacoustics.com
(+44) 020 7558 8976 (UK)
FrankGIK is offline Offline
Old 11th September 2008 , 07:12 PM
Forum Idol

also as saxman points out in another thread if your concerned about what rate to convert too read this
Old 11th September 2008 , 07:40 PM
Costa Del Cool

I remember buying Total Audio Converter at some stage. Total Audio Converter - Descargar.

I don't use it that often but it coverts to a wav, mp3, wma, aac, mp4, flac, ape.

Does anyone else use it? Could it be what you're looking for Centrifuge?
sphelan is offline Offline
Old 12th September 2008 , 10:44 AM

Thanks for posting that up Sphelan. I think I'm gonna need to rethink this one. I've got i-tunes and Soundforge available so got the tools to convert. Was just wondering if there was some uber tool that could work miracles!

It will be the first time I've posted a mix up on the net but its not a major issue. I think I could def split the mix up and I've got a version at 16/44. Appreciate the advice modz 1 and FrankGIK.
Centrifuge is offline Offline
Old 12th September 2008 , 10:52 AM
Forum Idol

Quote:
Thanks for posting that up Sphelan. I think I'm gonna need to rethink this one. I've got i-tunes and Soundforge available so got the tools to convert. Was just wondering if there was some uber tool that could work miracles!

It will be the first time I've posted a mix up on the net but its not a major issue. I think I could def split the mix up and I've got a version at 16/44. Appreciate the advice modz 1 and FrankGIK.
Guy!!! you already have it!
Old 16th September 2008 , 08:31 AM
OJB

I'm not sure if I am too late to the party, but if its just a simple audio encoder converter you require I have used IMTOO Audio Encoder in the past. Its very simple, add the file you want to convert, then select the target encoding you require (and modify settings such as bitrate, mode etc), then click encode.

ImTOO Audio Encoder: convert MP4 to MP3, M4A to MP3 audio converter

This will do the trick fine if you are just wanting to bang a mix up on the net.
OJB is offline Offline
Old 16th September 2008 , 01:11 PM
Furry Filter Phreak

I tend to use LAME (The version you can download for Audacity) on the command line for the job, or the encoder in Cubase 4.

Also do you really need to use 320Kbps encounding? Is this for a paid-for download?

For full length mixes and free downloads I tend to use 160Kbps at most, or perhaps 192K on the odd occasion.

320K I only use for local digital copies of original CDs and my own music for DJing etc. If I was uploading to beatport for eg for paid download, then I would want too use the best quality option of course, but not nescessarily on a 90-120 minute mix.
Khazul is offline Offline
Last edited by Khazul; 16th September 2008 at 01:39 PM. . <
Old 1st November 2016 , 02:10 AM

Default Compress your files without any quality loss

[QUOTE=Centrifuge;6889]Would really appreciate some help with this one...

I was wondering what is the best software for converting the WAV to an Mp3? I want the file to be the best possible quality but at the smallest possible size or upload/download speed.[/QUOTE]

Hello, I use Free HD Video Converter Factory to achieve my Video and audio formats conversion tasks. You can choose various sorts of formats in its setting, such as WAV, MP3, MP4, MPEG, MTS,etc. Besides, you can merge MP3 files once they were been converted. In this way, you can locate it much easier.
Mckindra is offline Offline