DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers

DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers (/)
-   Peer Review (http://forums.dv247.com/peer-review/)
-   -   dj waxxy vs jay z- what up new york city - remix (http://forums.dv247.com/peer-review/1865-dj-waxxy-vs-jay-z-what-up-new-york-city-remix.html)

waxxy 2nd November 2008 10:51 AM

dj waxxy vs jay z- what up new york city - remix

heres a rough remix i did any constructive comments welcome.i used a old jay z accapella heres the track.ignore the top forum song name i inked the wrong song..this track is called "what up new york city !!" (dont wanna be ) is the subtitle ..sorry for any confusion ill clear it up and repost new mp3 title next week but here it is anyway.thanks

http://www.upload-mp3.com/pfiles/308...ix%20v1-01.mp3

sureno 2nd November 2008 03:22 PM

Hey waxxy, im liking the track, the vocals are too loud for me though and personally feel they need to be lowered a little bit. i like the arrangement:thumbsup:

also you may want to put it here for more of a response http://forums.dv247.com/peer-review/

if you fancy, why not add to this http://forums.dv247.com/tips-n-trick...angements.html

sphelan 2nd November 2008 05:22 PM

I agree with Paul that you could move this to http://forums.dv247.com/peer-review/.

The vocals don't sound too loud to me...in fact I hate it when I have to make an effort to hear the vocals. I usually just ignore the vocals and go with the music.

I don't know the original, but I would say that this remix could do with a bit more variety. I think it sounds more or less the same the whole way through. Does it need more sounds? Less sounds in places and building up in others? Where is the climax?

Hope this helps some!

sureno 2nd November 2008 05:32 PM

i must admit listening to it again via my monitors rather than laptop speakers as i did previous the vocals seem ok now but this time around its a download, i sometimes wonder that these host sites alter the quality of tracks, any way i retract my statement to vox level but still liking this track, definitely got a commercial vibe for me

waxxy 3rd November 2008 04:52 AM

thanks for the comments il do a stripped down version and see what you think of that ill also try and find the original so you can do a compare too see how much ive changed it ..thanks again and ill post nmew mix in forum page you said :)

modz1 3rd November 2008 10:39 AM

Hi Waxxy
I like the energy in this remix- there's a real tension and urgency about it that really fits the lyrical content. The vocal may just need to bed into the groove & instrumentation a little better perhaps? The portamento synth line is a real killer hook in the chorus, excellent, but how about marrying that with a string/mellotron/synth pad to juxtapose in that section - re-balance these if you try it and that chorus will stand out like a mutha!

Nice work fella - really!

PS I've re-titled the thread with the correct song name and moved to Peer Review section

waxxy 3rd November 2008 02:52 PM

thanks modz for moving this to the correct forum page..im a little lost on this forum now..ive been sick and had to have an operation,then my wife and babys been sick so not had much time to really come on here like i used to ..i did make a post on the nano page but it got taken off lol..never mind :)

ive got some great mellotron samples i bought them from dv247 ages ago but never really used them i bought the emu classic synths expansion pack for proteus x and theres some briliant mellotron samples on there ..ill give all your feed back some thought and try and get back with a new mix as soon as i could.i understand what you mean modz about the vocal needing more bedding in i think some lines need chopping abit more to make some parts flow slightly better..hows the remix compettition coming along has there been anymore news i read you were in talks with dmc then not seen anything posted since.

sphelan 4th November 2008 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waxxy (Post 15752)
thanks modz for moving this to the correct forum page..im a little lost on this forum now..ive been sick and had to have an operation,then my wife and babys been sick so not had much time to really come on here like i used to ..i did make a post on the nano page but it got taken off lol..never mind :)

Sorry to hear things have been a bit complicated for you lately waxxy. Hope you are all on the mend.;)

waxxy 5th November 2008 03:31 PM

yeah my operations healing fine but now my babys got a eye infection he looks like hes been fighting tyson ..poor little thing :(

but he will be ok we took him too the doctors and they gave him some medicine and eye drops and said he should be ok in a few weeks.man weve all been sick in my family this year theres not been one day everyones felt ok never mind maybe ill win the lottery next year :P

sphelan 6th November 2008 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waxxy (Post 16112)
yeah my operations healing fine but now my babys got a eye infection he looks like hes been fighting tyson ..poor little thing :(

but he will be ok we took him too the doctors and they gave him some medicine and eye drops and said he should be ok in a few weeks.man weve all been sick in my family this year theres not been one day everyones felt ok never mind maybe ill win the lottery next year :P

Our little fella has a touch of diarrhea for the past few days. I had a 24-hour intestinal bug last week, and we spent all night last Thursday in the hospital with my missus who was in a bad way with the same bug! Not a healthy time of the year. We are all on the mend and hope you guys are too, waxxy. Hang in there;)

waxxy 6th November 2008 01:14 PM

your right mate theres lot of things floating around lately..its got to the point were im thinking of buying a michael jackson surgical mask and wearing it when i go shopping lol..hope you and the family get better soon :)