DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Music Equipment Discussion > PA Systems & Live sound
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

PA Systems & Live sound PA speakers, mics, monitors, power amps, mixers and lighting solutions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th February 2017 , 09:05 AM

Default Stage Monitors

Hi Clever Ones

I have a small pa system. The monitors I have: 2 Wharfdale EVP15PM. They are powered monitors. Of late I am finding that I cannot get enough power out of the monitors as they are turned up to border line feedback.

I have purchased a Behringer 31 band graphic eq which has FBQ built in which allows me to crank up the monitors and flashing led's light up on the frequencies that are problematic. Tested this last night in living room (not ideal I know) The unit has a gain button along with a low and high pass filter.

I take two master aux sends into the inputs of the behringer and then two speaker leads out to each monitor. I have the monitors on half volume. I rang out the frequencies and disabled the problem ranges and the system seems to work well.

QUESTION: Years ago I used something similar wired up in the same way and it blew the monitor! Can anyone advise on levels I should set the monitor level at? Should this be on full or lower? Can I burn the monitors out like previously years ago? Am I doing things correctly?

The EQ unit has input and output clipping led's and both seem ok
Thanks in advance
Joe Satellite is offline Offline