DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Artist & Member Forum > Off Topic
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Off Topic Drop in for friendly banter and lively debate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd August 2008 , 11:57 AM
Sound Guru

Thumbs up The Dark Knight - good blog post about the sound

Fantastic read about the sounds of The Dark Knight...

The Voice Amidst the Noise aspect ratio
whitecat is offline Offline
Old 22nd August 2008 , 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal3 View Post
Fantastic read about the sounds of The Dark Knight...

The Voice Amidst the Noise aspect ratio
The audio post on The Dark Knight and Batman Begins is phenomenal. Not only are the sounds large and beefy; they are well managed too.

I've been to see DK twice; but my second visit wasn't as pleasant, purely because whoever was controlling the levels in that venue couldn't have had a clue about the maximum prescribed level that particular screen should have been at. It was beyond the pain threshold. I was probably the only one sticking my fingers in my ears every time I anticipated a loud sound (well, probably because I was the only one who knew what was coming). But I was sat halfway to the back, dead centre. Imagine what it must have been like for people closer to the speakers. I felt like finding a member of staff and telling them that the person operating the levels must have absolutely no consideration for the people in the screen; but I was enjoying the film too much (and occasionally watching my friends overwhelmed look). Inevitably the levels went down to a much more managable level; but it makes me wonder just how much the operators in some of these cinemas appreciate the fragile human hearing system's receipt of loud surround sound. Do they get training? Have they damaged their own ears, and continue to make up for it by turning stuff up without any consideration to others? Do the cinemas have prevention systems installed?

Sorry, big rant! But I'm at work and saw the post, and it just came flooding out!

+1 Terminal3! I'll give it a read when I get home.
Last edited by mrfracas; 22nd August 2008 at 01:09 PM. . Reason: Wrote practically the same question twice! <