DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Artist & Member Forum > Off Topic
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Off Topic Drop in for friendly banter and lively debate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th September 2011 , 07:47 AM
Uber Member

Default Queen Remastered Deluxe edition Albums

My other half just bought me these. The Queen 40th anniversary Albums, each of Queen's 15 studio album's have been remastered and each album also has a bonus EP with bonus tracks like, an Early take or a retake or a live version or an acapella version etc For any Queen fans out there, they are superb!

I had read some reviews that the albums sounded the same and that it was only a money making thing. I suppose if i was being cynical i would agree about the money thing but anyone who listens to these albums and say they cannot hear the improvement are bonkers!! And the bonus EP's are great. Especially on the first album where you get to hear Queen first ever demo's before getting a record deal.

Every single track seems to have had new life breathed into it. I'm certainly impressed!
Piano is offline Offline
Old 20th September 2011 , 02:56 PM
Administrator

Sounds like you're a lucky man with a very thoughtful 'significant other', Piano - enjoy fella
Old 20th September 2011 , 07:52 PM
Uber Member

She certainly knows how to keep me happy! I had been talking about getting the remastered albums since hearing about their release. She must be sick to death hearing them, along with having to put up with me watching Queen DVD's and documentaries. She's more of a dire straits fan and the Eagles.

I can't speak highly enough of these albums though and the job that has been done remastering them. It says they were mastered by a guy called Bob Ludwig. I'm sure someone posted an article of an interview with him on here, did they not?
Piano is offline Offline
Old 20th September 2011 , 09:40 PM
Round The Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piano View Post
I can't speak highly enough of these albums though and the job that has been done remastering them. It says they were mastered by a guy called Bob Ludwig. I'm sure someone posted an article of an interview with him on here, did they not?
Correct!
Just a few days ago
An interview with Bob Ludwig
saxman is offline Offline
Old 4th March 2012 , 09:29 AM
Uber Member

Reported as Spam.
Piano is offline Offline
Old 4th March 2012 , 03:58 PM
Round The Horn

Exclamation DV247 Mods please note

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piano View Post
Reported as Spam.
As I metioned back in 2009, there is an anti-spam system that works with VBulletin and blocks most spam. In 2009 I suggested you enable the Akismet anti-spam system. I just tested the above spam post of Polish URLs in my VBulletin forum and it was immediately marked as suspect spam because of the Akismet anti-spam system.
The Akismet system once enabled uses intelligence gathered external to the forum - ie, if Akismet on my forum rejects the message then Akismet working on DV247 must also reject the message.
I therefore must conclude that Akismet is no longer set up on the DV247 forum.
Spam @ DV Forums
Old 5th March 2012 , 01:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxman View Post
I therefore must conclude that Akismet is no longer set up on the DV247 forum.
Hi Saxman, I've just checked and can confirm Akismet is still enabled. It still captures many, many (many) attempted spam posts per day.
chrisa is offline Offline
Old 6th March 2012 , 02:43 AM
Round The Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisa View Post
Hi Saxman, I've just checked and can confirm Akismet is still enabled. It still captures many, many (many) attempted spam posts per day.
Thanks Chris for confirming that Akismet is still running. There has been quite a lot of spam here recently but it is good to know that Akismet is there catching much of it. I see my logic was flawed anyway - ie, Akismet does rely on external knowledge, constantly updated - so me copying and pasting something that escaped Kismet here to see it caught by Akismet elsewhere does not mean Akismet is not running here - it just means Akismet has learned more since I did the copy and paste. Doh!