DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Artist & Member Forum > Off Topic
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Off Topic Drop in for friendly banter and lively debate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th July 2011 , 09:05 AM

Default Manufacturers R Awfully Nice!

Been having a great experience with help from a couple of manufacturers lately, just thought I'd share.
Had a fault on my Vox VT100 which I sent back to DV, who sent back to Vox, who then just sent me back a brand new amp! Although the new amp has now developed the same fault and from what I read on the valvetronix forums, it seems to be a design fault. No big deal, just got to get some better quality jack inputs fitted.

A couple of weeks ago, a friend gave me an old cry baby wah pedal, but it had a couple of feet missing, so I emailed Dunlop to ask where I could buy new feet and they just sent me a whole set of new ones in the post. How damn nice of them!

Today I'm going to write to Mesa Boogie and tell them I have a bunch of valves here, but the Road King head seems to be missing..
Bloke From Barnet is offline Offline
Old 26th July 2011 , 02:30 PM
Son of 'Z'

I wish I had the same luck.

My HTC Desire went off for repair 2 weeks ago. I got a phone call Yesterday saying most of the problems were caused by a faulty battery. Brilliant I thought. What an easy fix...

"If you want us to replace it before sending your phone back, that comes out at 32".

Needless to say. I wasn't paying 32 for a battery.So I then rang T-Mobile. They said it was correct as they class batteries as accessories and therefore only give 90 day warranties on them. How can a battery be classed as an accessory. It's a critical component !

In the end, I spoke to HTC. Who are now asking for more information on exactly what is faulty about the battery. Information I wasn't given by the repair agent, or have any way of asking to find out. They told me to speak to them again when the phone & battery are back. But won't do anything in the mean time. Like just send me a battery with a return to base pack for the faulty one.
EdRyan is offline Offline
Old 30th July 2011 , 12:10 AM

Yeh I was thinking just what a difference from day to day goods manufacturers these music manu's are. I couldn't imagine the same sort of treatment from someone who makes a phone or a washing machine, your case just goes to show! Man what a joke they're having with you!

Actually lest I forget to add Marshall to that list, they've been so good to me with my hopelessly unreliable JTM60. They know it has a design fault and they've almost re-built it under the service warranty! New speakers, valve seats, transformer and of course shiny new knobs.
I guess maybe its because guys like us are working there, I don't know, but it's cool.
Bloke From Barnet is offline Offline
Last edited by Bloke From Barnet; 30th July 2011 at 12:13 AM. . <