DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Artist & Member Forum > Off Topic
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Off Topic Drop in for friendly banter and lively debate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th August 2008 , 12:36 PM
Rave Digga

Default dream place to build a studio.

weres the one place in the world youd love too build a studio if you had the money?

for me it has to be indonesia ..my wifes from indonesia and we go back regularly too see friends and family and also travel around alot seeing the beautiful country.

theres one island id love too build a studio and thats lombok island most tourists goto bali (which i didnt like) lombok is a more chilled out friendly place and the beaches are deserted and the sea is crystal clear.

id build one over looking the beach in one of the many coves they have and record what i wanted when i wanted and if i get writers block id jump on a jet ski and chill out on one of the hundreds of deserted islands ..if you ever wanna go somewere goto lombok
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 27th August 2008 , 05:00 PM
Round The Horn

Seeing as I speak some Russian maybe I could negotiate a good price for an abandoned Russian castle;
Dark Roasted Blend: Abandoned Castles of Russian Countryside

What a great renovation project. I could end up with a weird and wonderful studio and a place I could rent out as a film location for some cool horror movies too.
saxman is offline Offline
Old 27th August 2008 , 05:41 PM
Mic Check 1!

Sweet!

I spent some time in Thailand this summer and pondered just staying on and building a place for a brief few minutes but then reality brought me back when the power went out!
Old 28th August 2008 , 07:23 AM
Costa Del Cool

I'm not too fussy now that they have just installed swings and slides in the children's play area underneath my living room window where I have my "studio" set up!

Benicassim, Spain.
http://www.benicassim.org/ver_imagen.asp?IDImagen=512
http://www.benicassim.org/ver_imagen.asp?IDImagen=434

This is my choice. Even though I live in Castellón and Benicassim and its beaches are only 10 mins down the road (yes, I know life is tough!), it's got everything. Sun and Sand. What more would you want? Oh, and it's also got the FIB http://www.fiberfib.com/ which means that during a week long period (more or less) there are top musicians and groups in the area. Wouldn't it be great to have a studio here were artists could "drop in" and record or finalise an album?

I forgot to add that there is no fear of the power going Trev! No need to speak a foreign language...I am bilingual!! And the booze is cheap. Of course if artists came at other times during the year, non-FIB, then everything is even cheaper again...and it's less crowded.

Think of it...beautiful beaches, fantastic weather, bikinis, great food and drink. This is HEAVEN. Is it any wonder I moved here??

The sangria must be affecting me again!!

BTW, if anyone is thinking of stealing my idea...at least give me a job in the new studio...PPLLLEEEAAASSEEE!!
sphelan is offline Offline
Last edited by sphelan; 28th August 2008 at 07:32 AM. . <