DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Site Stuff > New Product Suggestions
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

New Product Suggestions Are they any products or brands you think Digital Village should stock?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th January 2011 , 09:12 AM
Uber Member

Default Adding Video's from Youtube to main DV website

Why don't DV have the option for customers to add Video's from YouTube on the page of each product? I find it quite helpful. There is another online retailer who do it (as i'm sure you know) and it seems to work well. For most of the products there are at leas 2 or 3 videos of the product you are looking at perhaps buying. Obviously some videos posted are better and more informative than others but it still seems to work well. I think things like that are always helpful and they also make browsing the site that little bit more interesting. There is another retailer who have something a little similar but they have audio clips for certain products and 360 degree view and zoom and stuff like that. I think there would be a little more work involved in that, but the option for customers to embed videos from YouTube relating to the product would be easy. What do you think?
Piano is offline Offline
Old 31st January 2011 , 11:01 AM
Administrator

Numerous reasons I'd think actually..

First, this leaves an open door for any sort of spam or indecent video to be uploaded. Plus a direct 'in' to the site may be a security issue.

Secondly, manufacturers may be sensitive about either negative or inaccurate videos attached to a major retailer's product page.

Thirdly, it's another job for someone to have to monitor daily uploads, and on a catalogue of thousands of products, you can image the cost to DV for that resource?

The online DV Magazine tries hard to bring product news, reviews and sometimes bespoke or at least an optimum video content to their posts/features. Obviously the amount of products available is off the scale but most products get a glance over at the least, or at most, an in-depth article where possible.
Old 31st January 2011 , 12:02 PM
Uber Member

I'm sure those concerns are valid but the evidence would suggest it works pretty well and i've yet to come across any spam. Fair enough though, i just think in terms of the site, DV are lagging behind. The DV mag is ok but it's not independent so i personally wouldn't be likely to take much notice of it. You are trying to sell the stuff after all.

Just an idea!
Piano is offline Offline
Old 31st January 2011 , 12:11 PM
Administrator

And it's good to have the idea/suggestions coming Piano, don't ever stop man and thanks for the feedback..
Old 31st January 2011 , 12:51 PM
Round The Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piano View Post
Fair enough though, i just think in terms of the site, DV are lagging behind.
That might be fair comment but you might not be comparing 'apples with apples'. I had a look at one site where customers can upload videos and I noticed they have only two physical shops in the entire UK. So, if you have only two retail shops you have to focus on your online sales and you have much less overhead in terms of staffing and running costs of the shops.
I believe Digital Village currently have eight shops, in London, as far west as Bristol, as far south as Southampton and as far north as Birmingham. So I believe Digital Village have a very good online presence seeing as online is not there only focus.
saxman is offline Offline
Old 31st January 2011 , 01:34 PM
Uber Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxman View Post
That might be fair comment but you might not be comparing 'apples with apples'. I had a look at one site where customers can upload videos and I noticed they have only two physical shops in the entire UK. So, if you have only two retail shops you have to focus on your online sales and you have much less overhead in terms of staffing and running costs of the shops.
I believe Digital Village currently have eight shops, in London, as far west as Bristol, as far south as Southampton and as far north as Birmingham. So I believe Digital Village have a very good online presence seeing as online is not there only focus.
I can't disagree with you and i'm not trying to knock DV if that's how it's coming across. As someone who lives in Scotland, buying from DV essentially means online is my only way of doing so and adding video demos would be a good idea from my perspective. Here's a better idea, open a store up here!
Piano is offline Offline
Old 2nd November 2011 , 07:48 AM
Smiley

I believe they would have more customers if they had such videos on their site. People tend to touch products before buying them and online stores though becoming more and more popular still can't five such an opportunity. So adding videos or 3D models of products seems to be a good idea. I know from my own experince at most people prefer paying more for things thay can see to buying just images from online shops. :bbblink:
Last edited by Smiley; 2nd November 2011 at 07:50 AM. . <
Old 2nd November 2011 , 10:06 AM
Administrator

Interesting that you're so keen to add criticism to DV's policies when you're an actual competitor 'Smiley' - You'll find yourself banned from this forum now
Old 2nd November 2011 , 12:39 PM
Uber Member

I still think DV should open a store in Scotland.

There is absolutely nowhere i know of in Scotland that has the range of products that DV has. We are crying out for a decent Pro audio store that has a wide range of products and staff that have the knowledge to help you when you buy.

We have the usual Guitar shops and the only thing that comes close to a pro audio store (that i know of) is GG Digital in Glasgow. Although, the last time i was in, the highest spec mixer they sold was the Yamaha N12 which i currently have. I think that says it all! Not that i am knocking the mixer but it is just so limited up here.

What we need is a good sized Musical Instrument/Pro Audio store where you can go in and try out products, get good advice from people you can trust and most importantly a wide range of products to pick from. Especially with regards to range of Mic's, Mixers, Preamps, Music PC's etc

Now, i am no businessman but i reckon there is a huge gap for stores like that up here and a Digital Village, with it's range and espertise, would be hugely popular in my opinion.

I live in hope!
Piano is offline Offline