DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Site Stuff > New Product Suggestions
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

New Product Suggestions Are they any products or brands you think Digital Village should stock?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th August 2008 , 10:11 AM

Default Paying by Paypal

I know its not exactly a product suggestion, but just wondering do DV accept paypal payments online, or plan to in the future?
conor_j is offline Offline
Old 20th August 2008 , 01:35 PM
DV Staff

Hi conor_j
Sorry for the late reply.

We can indeed accept Paypal but unfortunately not through the portal of the DV247.com retail website.
If you, or any other customer would like to call our sales team on 01708 771950, and request your item(s) as a direct telephone order, we can administrate all that is necessary for you to pay by PayPal (Please be aware however that there is a 5% additional surcharge to cover the fees that PayPal charge, plus the extra layer of administration involved at our end too).

Hope this is of help to yourself and other members.
Best regards
Ed Jack
Customer Support Manager
DV247
Ed DV247 is offline Offline
Last edited by Ed DV247; 25th November 2008 at 04:35 PM. . Reason: Monkey <
Old 25th August 2008 , 07:06 PM

Good news thanks for getting back to me Ed
conor_j is offline Offline
Old 23rd September 2008 , 03:45 PM
Forum Scribe

Useful info. I always use Paypal when possible. It's so easy to manage and track payments coming in and out. I think the number of people who use Paypal is not small and is steadily on the increase.
Monarch is offline Offline
Old 24th October 2008 , 07:47 PM
Forum Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed DV247 View Post
Hi conor_j
Sorry for the late reply.

We can indeed accept Paypal but unfortunately not through the portal of the DV247.com retail website.
If you, or any other customer would like to call myself on 01708 771950, and request your item(s) as a direct telephone order, we can administrate all that is necessary for you to pay by PayPal (Please be aware however that there is a 5% additional surcharge to cover the fees that PayPal charge, plus the extra layer of administration involved at our end too).

Hope this is of help to yourself and other members.
Best regards
Ed Jack
Customer Support Manager
DV247
could you please switch ur PM on or give me an email or something i want to buy something and cant wait for my money to clear into my bank so will use paypal but i want to haggle you on the price first
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Old 24th October 2008 , 07:58 PM
ndk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureno View Post
could you please switch ur PM on or give me an email or something i want to buy something and cant wait for my money to clear into my bank so will use paypal but i want to haggle you on the price first

Or you could call him Monday morning on 01708 771950..
Old 24th October 2008 , 08:03 PM
Forum Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndk View Post
Or you could call him Monday morning on 01708 771950..
yeah was hoping on leaving him an email and ordering it tomorrow, but rationally thinking (something i don't like doing!) it wouldn't get sent out tomorrow and would on monday instead
Old 25th October 2008 , 01:45 AM
Round The Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed DV247 View Post
(Please be aware however that there is a 5% additional surcharge to cover the fees that PayPal charge, plus the extra layer of administration involved at our end too).
That's fair enough as far as I'm concerned.
I am quite aware and wary of Paypal charges.
I sometimes use my Paypal account to pay for stuff but also use it for receiving US$ affiliate payments. I do not have a professional Paypal account so it is free to receive those payments and free to withdraw to my bank account if the total amount is over $50 (takes a while these days). However, if I sell something on Ebay and want to accept a Paypal payment funded by credit card I have to upgrade my account and pay Paypal a percentage of that payment - not only that though - they will then proceed to take a percentage of all the US$ payments I used to receive for free
So, if I do sell on Ebay I do not accept Paypal unless funded by a bank account - which would mean I could accept the payment without upgrading my account.
But, I've just read some advice about setting up two Paypal accounts, one standard and one pro - see PayPal Fiddle Factor
I might look in to setting up a second Paypal account and make it Pro so I can accept Paypal credit card payments if necessary without affecting my regular Paypal account.
Oh by the way, if you are paying for something in a foreign currency with Paypal do not just blindly accept the Paypal exchange rate for the transaction - your credit card may an very likely will offer a better exchange rate on the transaction. Paypal automatically choose their own exchange rate but you can choose to have oyr credit card calculate the exchange rate by clicking "other funding options"

Sorry I've gone quite a bit off track for this thread, but I do like having a little Paypal rant
saxman is offline Offline
Old 27th October 2008 , 10:10 AM
Forum Idol

very smooth pleasant transaction via paypal, could of gone with ebay but went with DV instaed even though the wait would be longer for the item but better peace of mind tbh if something was wrong with it. and cool all in deal
just got to wait for this bad boy to turn up now
Last edited by sureno; 27th October 2008 at 10:14 AM. . <
Old 27th October 2008 , 11:41 AM
Forum Scribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxman View Post
But, I've just read some advice about setting up two Paypal accounts, one standard and one pro - see PayPal Fiddle Factor
I might look in to setting up a second Paypal account and make it Pro so I can accept Paypal credit card payments if necessary without affecting my regular Paypal account.
Oh by the way, if you are paying for something in a foreign currency with Paypal do not just blindly accept the Paypal exchange rate for the transaction - your credit card may an very likely will offer a better exchange rate on the transaction. Paypal automatically choose their own exchange rate but you can choose to have oyr credit card calculate the exchange rate by clicking "other funding options"
Thanks for the advice saxman...quite a few things I did not know as a paypal user myself.
Monarch is offline Offline
Old 27th October 2008 , 11:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureno View Post
just got to wait for this bad boy to turn up now
Looks a beauty Sureno.. Pls let us know how you get on with it..
Old 27th October 2008 , 11:56 AM
Forum Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by modz1 View Post
Looks a beauty Sureno.. Pls let us know how you get on with it..
im gutted just had a phone call saying no stock for around a month, im patient but not that patient
Old 16th March 2010 , 08:04 PM
Uber Member

I was just about to post something relating to this. I was going to suggest that DV have an ebay store online like alot of other music/audio equipment retailers. I mostly buy from DV but if i am being completely honest, i have found myself buying from other retailers who have an ebay store. This is because i can pay via paypal and the main benefit of that is that i can order the item a couple of days before i have the money in my bank account (as paypal afdvance the payment for me) and i receive the goods sooner than having to wait until the funds are in my bank account and then ordering from DV. I hope it's alright for me to say this, but the perfect example was yesterday. I ordered a Yamaha DTXplorer from a music retailer via ebay (i wont mention any names), there was no extra surcharge. Now the money to pay for my purchase wont be in my bank account until thursday when i get paid but the DTxplorer will be with me tomorrow before the cash even comes out of my account. The fact that i could pay with paypal means that i can get what i want sooner, only a couple of days sooner but it is still sooner. Had DV had an ebay online store, i would have ordered from then instead because they have been absolutely great with me in the past. So the harsh reality is that my 460 has gone to someone else instead of them. I think DV are really missing a trick here because there are lots of others out there doing this now. The fact i would have to pay a surcharge if i was to pay with paypal with DV is also another reason i would end up going elsewhere. In future, would it be possible for me to send a link, from an ebay online store which is offering a good deal on something i want to buy, to DV and ask them to price match it and be able to pay via my paypal account with no surcharge? If they would let me do this, i would do it everytime and get all the rest of my remaining gear directly from DV.
Piano is offline Offline
Old 16th March 2010 , 09:00 PM
Keeper o' the Keys!

DV will always do a price match as long as the price they are matching is from a proper UK retailer selling the same UK spec brand new item... not all eBay vendors are selling new or UK spec stock.

As regards paying by PayPal... in actual fact they don't really advance the money, they either debit your account (in which case your bank will deduct the funds from your account immediately) or if your PayPal account is attached to a debit card, then it's card company who are paying up front and then debiting from your account afterwards. The net effect is that paying by PayPal would be fiscally just the same as paying by debit card (in which case the card company charges DV a fee).
Old 16th March 2010 , 09:02 PM
Keeper o' the Keys!

The other thing to bare in mind when conparing DV's prices and service to other retailers ius that DV gives you a 4 year guarantee on your purchased product... I don't know of any other music retailer offering that at the moment.