DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Music Equipment Discussion > Music Software
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Music Software Virtual instruments, plug-ins, effects, audio-editing, processing & scoring software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th October 2011 , 09:17 PM
Uber Member

Default Steven Slate Drums

Just purchased his Slate Drums EX software. Download. Have to say i am very impressed. I was getting tired of BFD and having tried Superior Drummer and not liking that very much, i was slightly apprehensive but i am glad i took a punt on it. I don't know if any of you guys have heard it or tried the software but if you use sampled drums, they are worth checking out. Especially at only $99. His software seems to respond really well with my Roland V drums. Better than any other drum software i have tried. Sometimes when i hit the mesh heads, it doesn't trigger properly or if i rattle the pads really fast some hits get missed but with this software, that doesn't seem to happen at all. It feels a lot more authentic playing wise. I'll hopefully have some songs up recently and you guys can judge for yourselves. I was thinking of re-recording the drums on some of my old tracks to see if it made an improvement. The snares are better than i have on BFD. I was getting pretty frustrated with the ones i've had for a while so this should give me more options. One of the better purchases!

Anyway, just thought i'd share my view. It's good to be back on. Been so busy the last month and a half with moving so that's me just started to get back to my music in the new studio. The room sounds crap though but wont be long before i tackle that problem!
Piano is offline Offline
Old 18th October 2011 , 07:20 PM
Forum Poet

He had quite a sale on EX and the packs a while back. I won't depress you with the price they were back then. The drums are meant to be more or less finished so you shouldn't have to do much to them. Keep an eye for sales on his packs and other products he has. There's a few floating around. He's doing an iLok and Tube plug-in promotion as we speak.

Incidentally, for anyone who does own Superior Drummer 2.0, he did a preset pack, which effectively made Superior Drummer 2.0 sound like his EX set, albeit a bit resource heavy.
Old 18th October 2011 , 07:41 PM
Uber Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Am_Bic_Pentameter View Post
He had quite a sale on EX and the packs a while back. I won't depress you with the price they were back then. The drums are meant to be more or less finished so you shouldn't have to do much to them. Keep an eye for sales on his packs and other products he has. There's a few floating around. He's doing an iLok and Tube plug-in promotion as we speak.

Incidentally, for anyone who does own Superior Drummer 2.0, he did a preset pack, which effectively made Superior Drummer 2.0 sound like his EX set, albeit a bit resource heavy.
I'll get the tube plug in for free as it's part of the VCC update which i have. Another superb slate product. I use it on every track. I also have a 50 dollar off coupon that they sent me but was unable to use it for the drum software. I'm waiting for them to put fgx on offer. Wish i had known the drum sofware i bought was on offer, thanks for not telling me how much it was. Probably best not knowing! Really impressed with these drums though and vcc is worth every penny.
Piano is offline Offline
Old 24th May 2012 , 10:13 AM

Hi,
Thanks for sharing the information which is very useful .
robojohn1 is offline Offline