DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Music Equipment Discussion > Music Software
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Music Software Virtual instruments, plug-ins, effects, audio-editing, processing & scoring software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th June 2009 , 06:47 AM

Default Macaw, free sequencer

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/Macaw/

It's open source and, IIRC, was called DeltaSP in it's last incarnation, and there's also a seemingly excellent bundle of free vstis'/fx to go with it, particularly the Universal synth if the reports at Kvr are anything to go by.

I installed it but had major issues from the start after trying to set my audio/midi devices on the settings page. It crashed badly, gave me a error message, and continued to give the same message every time I tried to launch it, even after rebooting. I completely uninstalled it, then tried again and this time got my audio/midi settings done ok, but got terrible latency even with the asio driver of my 2496 card.

It would appear I've just been very unlucky in hitting these issues, the vast majority of Kvr posters have said how good a package it is, tho' I'm not alone in having issues, but others have reported only minor problems. It's not the prettiest sequencer out there, but even having had problems, it's still worth looking at imo.
Ian B is offline Offline
Old 18th June 2009 , 05:16 PM
Forum Poet

You've just given it a great write up there!

Have you tried to use the free plugs with your normal DAW?
Old 19th June 2009 , 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Am_Bic_Pentameter View Post
You've just given it a great write up there!
Well, I could hardly say I liked it could I? Don't take my negativity as typical, check out the rave reports here http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=254109

Quote:
Have you tried to use the free plugs with your normal DAW?
I didn't realise you could till later, but may try as they come in seperate installers. I'm a preset whore tho' and the lack of them atm may put me off, but once I'd got everything installed I couldn't even work out how to load or even find them That was down to me, other users had no problems, I didn't spend that long trying due to my other issues with it.
Ian B is offline Offline
Old 10th July 2009 , 03:35 PM

Just saw that they have put a new version of the Macaw at google. Looks like the real Macaw?
bobjones is offline Offline
Old 25th August 2009 , 10:48 AM

Hi guys,

I yust opened a google group on the topic macaw, please feel free to join there.

[url]http://groups.google.com/group/macaw-daw-users[/url]

Greetings from belgium, Sascha
asynchron71 is offline Offline