DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Music Equipment Discussion > Music Software
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Music Software Virtual instruments, plug-ins, effects, audio-editing, processing & scoring software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th July 2008 , 11:52 PM
Rave Digga

Default best sample cd youve bought

whats your best sample cd youve bought?mine has too be "bt Breakz from the Nu Skool " every one of those beats are still fresh today and its a few years old now.each beat has an edgey quality which ive not heard on any sample cd since..the way hes processed the beats is amazing and each beat is insperational.

if youve never heard it check out the samples here.East West Samples - Key Buy Awards

another really good set are the mutteki sample cds every one has hit record stamped all over them.
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 15th July 2008 , 09:16 AM

Good question..
Well for me it would be..
Vince Clarke - Lucky Bas***d. A collection of the Yazoo/Erasure genius' loops, fx and single hit percussive - ALL analogue created. Evidently it's now in Apple Loops format (?)
Not sure if it's still available new, but Norman Cook's original sample CD, 'Skip to my Loops' was ace.. and finally..
One of the best dance percussion CD's ever - Pascal's Bongo Massive (Rhythm of Life 4) CD had some incredible beats and grooves..

Maybe after been used and over used back in the day, it may be time to dust these and others down and revisit with a 21st century head on..Mmmmmm?
cut_N_paste is offline Offline
Old 15th July 2008 , 01:43 PM

Vengance CD's
Definity is offline Offline
Old 15th July 2008 , 02:03 PM
Rave Digga

ive still got my norman cook cd i bought it for 1 pound from a car boot years ago the guy seling it thought it was broke because it only played 2 seconds of each song then jumped too the next he said lol. so i said ill give you 1 pound for it and he accepted he never knew it was a sample cd lol.

ive never heard the vince clark cd ill have to try and find one on ebay ..thanks for the heads up on it
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 15th July 2008 , 04:13 PM
Spectrum Idoliser

I've never bought a sample CD myself. I've got a couple which came free with magazines, but I prefer to try and build things from scratch. Probably why I can never make any decent drum sounds.
Old 15th July 2008 , 05:29 PM
Rave Digga

krykos if your after cheap sample cds or romplers dv247 have a deal on some and theres a link from time and space on one of the other forum pages with cheap sample cds.

some people feel they have too make there own samples but thats silly all the top producers and acts now use sample cds .the main reason is companys like time and space or vengence have got the most talented people in the world creating cutting edge samples for you too use.why spend 2 days trying too get a kik drum soound right when you can load up a premade one which sounds 100 times better than you could ever do.

i only use drums or fx samples though because if your gonna start using full music samples of cds then your better off buying ejay instead.and ive never heard any vocal sample cds which i thought were useable most have terrible singers singing stuff which is useless.but fx and drum sounds are much more useable.
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 25th July 2008 , 02:06 AM
Round The Horn

Well I've got two that I love but they are not samples in the way you are referring to them. I buy virtual instruments, so they are sampled instruments but not loops and riffs etc.
My best buys have been the Larry Seyer POWERbass
Larry Seyer Digital
and the TBO sampled grand piano from;
Welcome To SampleTekk
saxman is offline Offline
Old 25th July 2008 , 10:35 AM

I originally use to love the vengence cd's, but after time I found I could hear their use in the majority of tracks I listened too, which put me off them a bit

Im still fond on my ‹berschall cd's tho
conor_j is offline Offline
Old 25th July 2008 , 10:53 AM
DV Staff

before i got heavily into making my own samples - I really loved the vinylistics sample cds. The only problem was that every sample on them has been used a million times... Still good for chopping out snares and occasionally still gets a revisit.
Smokers delight is pretty good for kicks and snares.

Other than that - check out drum drops: Drumdrops. Royalty-free 24 Bit Multi Track Drum Samples and Loops supporting RX2, WAV, Apple Loops, Recycle, Reason, Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase and more.
dvdan is offline Offline
Old 25th July 2008 , 11:14 AM
Sound Guru

This one's been very good to me:

Zero-G PRO PACK 9GB Acid/WAV at DV247.COM

The stuff that comes free with Logic Studio/Final Cut Studio has also been quite handy, although I'm more into those for FX libraries than for loops.
whitecat is offline Offline
Old 25th July 2008 , 05:44 PM

Smokers Relight Deux is great for drums for all types of electronic based stuff DNB, Dubstep, Breaks, Trip-hop

Also Public Enemy's East West sample CD is one of the highest quality sample CD's I've ever heard both in terms of the sounds and recording. Great for Trip-Hop/Broken stuff and loads more, expect the funky but harsh PE flava.

I only really use samples for drum hits and the odd one hit though, I really get confused why they include basslines and pads etc in sample CD's? If you have trouble knocking a bassline together...
Meander is offline Offline
Old 20th September 2008 , 07:55 PM

I know they're not CD's but I have found that the libraries from Digital Sound Factory have been an excellent source of quality material. They have some free stuff there in Soundfont and Emulator/Proteus .exb format. They have frequent sales (there's one at the moment that allows 35% off anything in their store. Discount Code STORE).

Also, being the Akai-head that I am, I have always found the Hollow Sun stuff to be top drawer.

And for sheer affordability, you can't knock Best Service's ProSamples range. Multiformat "best of" collections of some of the finest libraries out there and all for approx £29.99.

Down in the park with a friend called Five...

-
Akai S6000|Akai Z8|Akai MPC1000|Akai MPC500|Akai MPK49|Alesis Fusion 6HD|Korg Prophecy|Yamaha CS1x,DX27,RM1x,SU-10,DTXpress,UX256|Roland SC-88VL,PMA-5|EmulatorX2|Behringer UMA25S|Event EZBus|AKG C444|JBL Control 1's
Failed Muso is offline Offline
Old 20th September 2008 , 09:55 PM

I was given one a while back called samplicious it is mainly loop based but it has some nice latino grooves
Old 22nd September 2008 , 08:00 AM

Default Sample Cds

I have to admit that the Vengenance ones are ace but I will never forget the ones that inspired me the most, Remix 1 + 2, by Martin Smith, Guy Garrett and Amo Mozart when they all worked at Music Factory. Genius.
Ear Candy is offline Offline
Old 22nd September 2008 , 08:40 AM
Forum Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Definity View Post
Vengance CD's
OOOH you beat me to it, absolutely awesome stuff imo
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline