DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Music Equipment Discussion > Keyboards, Modules & Hardware Synths
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Keyboards, Modules & Hardware Synths Synthesizers, workstation keyboards, digital pianos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th February 2011 , 10:36 PM

Default can you guys recommend me a digital piano?

im a beginner on the joanna ! somethink for under 1k, would love an upright but the misses wont have one in the house so ill settle for a decent digi for my guitar room instead
bluebearddub is offline Offline
Old 17th February 2011 , 10:45 PM
Mic Check 1!

Dave Boulden, Piano or Khazul are your men
Old 18th February 2011 , 01:10 AM
Keeper o' the Keys!

Bizarrely, I've just bought such a thing myself. I struck lucky and got a 2nd hand unit. I got a pristine condition Yamaha DGX-620 for just a shade over 300. I bought it so I have a keyboard with a nice feel and sound that I can switch on and use in seconds for rehearsing and practising. I'm really pleased with the action and the piano sounds... all the extra sounds it makes are a bit of a bonus. The latest model, the DGX-640 (http://www.dv247.com/keyboards-and-m...-cherry--73388), is just a shade over 600 new. From the various digital pianos I tried, I couldn't discern much of an appreciable improvement in either feel or sound over the DGX that would warrant the extra money unless you were prepared to go towards the 1500+ mark. I find the feel of the DGX I bought compares well to the RH3 graded weighted feel keybed of my Korg M3-88 which cost well over 3 times as much, the main difference being the older DGX-620's keys aren't graded, however the current DGX-640's keys are. The DGX-640 might get promoted as part of the "home keyboard" range, but it definitely feels like a quality digital piano.

Hope that's of some help.
Old 4th March 2011 , 02:21 PM

cheers dave !
bluebearddub is offline Offline
Old 1st May 2011 , 09:07 AM

1/5/11

A Yamaha 223, 233, or 323. All under 170. Use light to wear headphones, the misses won't hear it at all, and the headphones can be very comfortable. The more expensive Yamahas with arpeggiator, like the Piagerro 80 (under 350) are heavier, it can be a problem, one falls off the table, or you want to put it away or carry it somewhere. The Piagerro 60 and Piagerro 80 are 76 key boards, so very wide indeed.
For top quality sound but with very fewer variety of instruments, the Kurzweil SP4, still under 1000. However, first you must decide on if you want organ style keys, like all the above keyboards mentioned, or full piano style hammer action keys. If you want to concentrate on piano, especially to study music or perform, it has to be the hammer action. I use my Yamaha to play Harpsicord and Church Organ.
Skeletor is offline Offline