DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Music Equipment Discussion > Keyboards, Modules & Hardware Synths
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Keyboards, Modules & Hardware Synths Synthesizers, workstation keyboards, digital pianos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th October 2010 , 08:30 PM

Default M-Audio Controller questions

Hey all,

So tonight I've realised my trusty Radium 49 is failing with it sending pitch bend signals, usually dropping them. Seems like it might be a hardware fault, so I'm thinking about a new one. (by the way, if anyone knows how to disable the pitch bend control via programming, that would be great! Though I've only seen options for the Oxygen and Axiom series in this situation so far) ;(

So, this brings me onto my choice for a new controller. I'm considering the Axiom49 as I have been thinking about getting an Akai MPD18 for some pads, but if these are good, then that could negate it...

My other option is the Oxygen49 which seems to be a more like for like replacement. I read review on DV which mentioned M-Audio’s Hyper-Link protocol used in the Axiom - I'm pretty noob when it comes to MIDI any ideas on what this is and the difference between this and DirectLink used in the Oxygen range of controllers?)
dariunas is offline Offline
Old 21st October 2010 , 11:15 AM
Administrator

In a nutshell 'D', I feel that the new version of DirectLink kinda fine tunes and up's the ante with regard to a complete communication protocol for mixer and virtual instrument control for the likes of (especially) Logic and ProTools, (and also) Ableton Live, Cubase and Reason. Evidently, Pro Tools and Logic benefit from additional ‘instrument maps’ which communicate directly with native plug-in instruments.

I've had an Axiom Pro 49 for quite a while, and I find it great (with the HyperControl protocol it uses) but if I was buying now, I'd head straight for the revamped Axiom series personally
Old 21st October 2010 , 04:42 PM
Uber Member

I agree, I love my AxiomPro but was 'rather cheesed off' when they re-did the Axiom. HyperControl is good though...and the feel is awesome...

...please by my AxiomPro...
Old 21st October 2010 , 07:20 PM

Thanks guys

With the price difference and what I actually do, I don't think I'd need the advanced features of the Axiom. Would be nice to have the semi-weighted keys and aftertouch, but hey. From what I gather, the Oxygen is still a very capable controller and I guess it's also the successor to the Radium series which is nice

Oxygen and Akai MPD for me!
dariunas is offline Offline
Old 1st May 2011 , 09:37 AM

1/5/11

I am tempted sore to get the very rasping and saw saw M-Audio Venom.
A person at a competitor store, said he wasn't terribly satisfied with the Venom, finding the plastic bodywork a little light or insubstantial. He thought a lot of the Novation Ultrasynth though, and demonstrated some truly lush sounds from it. I must admit, when trying out the Venom at DV247 in the East London SuperTaur...
It was hard not to play sounds which didn't grit like a Toyota pickup, and a huge machine gun on back of it, blasting away near Mephisto City in Libya lol
Skeletor is offline Offline
Last edited by chrisa; 3rd May 2011 at 10:04 AM. . Reason: competitor reference removed <
Old 5th May 2011 , 10:49 AM

Default Admin Rights

5/5/11

Edit, Competitor Reference Removed.
Actually, I'm fine about that. It isn't a given right, but all the same, for instance lobbying and adverts draw on given rights to ruin things for us all. American politics is a basic example.
Skeletor is offline Offline
Old 23rd October 2015 , 01:26 PM

Default MoonLab

MoonLab Productions is a full-service event production agency specializing in corporate & social events,
Tradeshow exhibits and brand activations. Our mission is to enhance event experiences by activating
The five senses: sights, sounds, smells, tastes and feelings.
Through immersion into your imagination, our diverse team will gain an authentic understanding of your
events needs. MoonLab streamlines all areas of the production process by collaborating
with our distinguished vendors to best execute your vision.
Let our Dream Team guide you to achieve extraordinary results and a memorable experience for all.