DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Music Equipment Discussion > Keyboards, Modules & Hardware Synths
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Keyboards, Modules & Hardware Synths Synthesizers, workstation keyboards, digital pianos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd July 2008 , 11:54 AM
Hell-Rider

Default Waldorf Blofeld

I'm thinking of buying one of these as soon as i get a job and some . Anyone on this forum have one ? if so what do you reckon to it ? worth the cash or is the Microwave II/XT better?
JAYDMF is offline Offline
Old 2nd July 2008 , 02:29 PM

I gave up on waiting for stock to arrive. I had one on order for 3 months at another retailer and it seems that waldorf can't give an accurate date for supplying them.

They do sound amazing though. i think I'll wait a while till they come down in price. I know they're quite cheap already but give it a year or 2 and they'll be even cheaper
furrybum is offline Offline
Old 4th August 2008 , 04:07 PM
Spectrum Idoliser

I just had a playtest on one earlier in a music shop close to me, and I've gotta say that it sounds fantastic. The controls were quite easy to use (I got the gist of it in a few mins), and you can go into the synthesis in a lot of detail. Changing program was a bit strange though as once you mucked about with the synthesis, you couldn't use the dial you thought should work. You had to use a combination of two dials. A minor niggle, but you'd probably get used to it over time.

The only thing that I thought was bad about it was that the arpeggiator has four basic settings (up, down, and their circles), but there were a lot more settings for this that I didn't touch during the time I used it (I hate parking meters).

I may well get one in the future, but problem with that is that I'll have to research into a decent MIDI keyboard as well...
Old 5th August 2008 , 10:15 AM
Hell-Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by krykos View Post
I just had a playtest on one earlier in a music shop close to me, and I've gotta say that it sounds fantastic. The controls were quite easy to use (I got the gist of it in a few mins), and you can go into the synthesis in a lot of detail. Changing program was a bit strange though as once you mucked about with the synthesis, you couldn't use the dial you thought should work. You had to use a combination of two dials. A minor niggle, but you'd probably get used to it over time.

The only thing that I thought was bad about it was that the arpeggiator has four basic settings (up, down, and their circles), but there were a lot more settings for this that I didn't touch during the time I used it (I hate parking meters).

I may well get one in the future, but problem with that is that I'll have to research into a decent MIDI keyboard as well...
Nice one good to hear some proper feedback on one. Sounds like its easy enough to control which is always good
Old 5th August 2008 , 11:16 AM
Rave Digga

have you decided which one your gonna buy yet jay?
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 5th August 2008 , 11:19 AM
Hell-Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxxy View Post
have you decided which one your gonna buy yet jay?
Nahh i think its going to have to involve a trip somewheres to have a proper play on a virus before i decide. Right now i have no money at all, not even enough for petrol, but i have money arriving at some point soon (when the tax man decides to give it me back) and then i can make the decision. I played on a virus before but before i could really get into it i was asked to leave it alone so i didnt get chance to play with the wavetables.
Old 5th August 2008 , 01:42 PM
Rave Digga

same here mate im not using my car much now i use my bike i cant afford keep putting petrol in it i only use it too goto the supermarket or when im off on holiday next week if its nice i want too take the baby too the beach and theres a new zoo opened in the lake district so i think ill take him there too he loves penguins
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 5th August 2008 , 03:10 PM
Hell-Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxxy View Post
same here mate im not using my car much now i use my bike i cant afford keep putting petrol in it i only use it too goto the supermarket or when im off on holiday next week if its nice i want too take the baby too the beach and theres a new zoo opened in the lake district so i think ill take him there too he loves penguins

ahh id love to be able to ride my bike to work buts its aroun 26 miles each way. i used to ride everyday at uni a) kept me fit b) cost nothing and c) was a good excuse to have a nice bike. hey ho tho petrol seems to falling off a bit at even tho its only by 2/3p a litre
Old 6th August 2008 , 01:25 PM

Well i took the plunge and bought a Blofeld, First impressions are not good , I connected up my headphones and master keyboard swiched on the Blofeld, grapped the volume knob and was sent flying across the room by a huge electric shock!!!!

To cut a long story short the wall wart (made in China) is kickin out some serious juice and not the 12 volts its supposed to, the whole case is live.

The ironic thing is i remember reading a news article last week on how some kid was killed by a replacement power adaptor (made in China) for his Nintendo Wii

Now for the really bad news its taken out my Axiom 61 as well, it s a good job i never connected the USB to my MAC!!!!!
Geoff0555 is offline Offline
Old 6th August 2008 , 01:34 PM

Sh*t Geoff.. really sorry to hear that man...
cut_N_paste is offline Offline
Old 6th August 2008 , 04:34 PM
Spectrum Idoliser

So wait, was it the power adaptor that came with the Blofeld that did that, or was a replacement one?
Old 6th August 2008 , 07:03 PM

It was the power adapter that came with the Blofeld.
Old 6th August 2008 , 07:32 PM
Spectrum Idoliser

Personally, I'd have a word with the customer services department. This is the kind of stuff a company could get sued over, ya know. It's their responsibility the product is safe, and they're meant to test it before it's sold.
Old 6th August 2008 , 08:22 PM

Your right my friend, its also screwed up my m audio controller as there no midi signal or clock pulse coming from the midi out, i want that sorted as well.

Not a good day all in all
Old 6th August 2008 , 08:26 PM

looking on the funny side, as i got the electric shock i was looking at the LCD screen on the Blofeld and the boot up message says "with love from Germany"