DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > The Trader > I'm Selling...
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

I'm Selling... Got second hand music stuff to sell? Place your advert here!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th August 2008 , 10:08 PM
Sound Guru

Thumbs up [SOLVED] Feeler: CIJ Fender 62 Reissue Strat

Spent some of the weekend inventorying everything and figuring out what my next gear purchases need to be, and I've decided that I might have one guitar too many at the moment.

So, thought I'd put a feeler out - I've honestly not decided absolutely yet on selling this, but I've got a Crafted In Japan c.2004 '62 Reissue Stratocaster that I pretty much never touch and thus should maybe go to make room for some other stuff.

Alder body, 'US Vintage' pickups (which are the same cloth-wound pups as in the actual American Vintage series reissues), maple neck/RW fretboard, classic C-shape.

This is a not-for-export 'premium' model which I bought as-new a while back (earlier this year, would have to check what month, I've acquired a lot of guitars this year).

It's Lake Placid Blue with black accessories - an unusual colour combo, and certainly not period-accurate.

In any case, it's basically identical to an American Vintage series '62 reissue except I'm 99.999% sure it's not a nitro finish - it's likely poly - this would be the only genuine difference.

There are a few scratches on the pickguard but other than that it's in absolutely like-new condition.

The honest truth is that the music I'm making lately lends itself more to Telecaster and Les Paul tones, this Strat is a bit of a black sheep as far as my arsenal is concerned and I've got a Korean Koa strat with Seymour Duncans which fills that hole when I need it. Considering that and the fact that I've got a few other custom partscaster Strat builds going on at the moment, I might need to set this one free.

It's a great guitar, it plays wonderfully, and it's a seriously cheap alternative to an American 62 RI.

Looking for around 600, which includes a soft Fender gig bag. We can chat about shipping costs or possible pickup... the former probably being preferable due to my silly work schedule at the moment.

Send an email through the board if you're interested!

Pics:

whitecat is offline Offline
Last edited by whitecat; 4th February 2009 at 10:53 PM. . <
Old 18th August 2008 , 09:14 PM
Mic Check 1!

All the japanese fenders I've tried have been absolute crackers so here's a bump for you!
TrevCircleStudios is offline Offline
Old 9th December 2008 , 11:03 PM

I assume you sold this Strat? It's similar looking to an Ibanez RS530 custom that I've been after for years, but only 2 were made.

Could you please tell me where you got your guitar from? I'd offer to buy yours (if unsold) but cannot match your price, also I'd want to get a mirrored pickguard. So I'd have to part ex if I found another in a shop.

I was going to look for a Highway 1 Strat, but would need the to change the pickups, controls etc to match the pickguard I want for it.

cheers
Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg charlielivemandela_1.jpg (22.7 KB, 7 views)
dky_70 is offline Offline
Old 9th December 2008 , 11:19 PM
Sound Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dky_70 View Post
I assume you sold this Strat? It's similar looking to an Ibanez RS530 custom that I've been after for years, but only 2 were made.

Could you please tell me where you got your guitar from? I'd offer to buy yours (if unsold) but cannot match your price, also I'd want to get a mirrored pickguard. So I'd have to part ex if I found another in a shop.

I was going to look for a Highway 1 Strat, but would need the to change the pickups, controls etc to match the pickguard I want for it.

cheers
Dave
I do still have it...

Bought it from a private Japanese Fender dealer in Scotland (so technically it's 2nd hand although bought 'as-new').

PM me for more discussion!
Old 30th January 2009 , 12:31 PM
Pushing the Envelope

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal3 View Post
I do still have it...

Bought it from a private Japanese Fender dealer in Scotland (so technically it's 2nd hand although bought 'as-new').

PM me for more discussion!
Do you still have this, T3?
mutilatedlip is offline Offline
Old 30th January 2009 , 12:50 PM
Sound Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutilatedlip View Post
Do you still have this, T3?
Indeed....
Closed Thread