DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > The Trader > I'm Selling...
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

I'm Selling... Got second hand music stuff to sell? Place your advert here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th June 2011 , 11:41 PM
Son of 'Z'

Default FS: Monitors !

Got a couple of pairs of monitors for sale. Due to purchasing a pair of shiny Yamaha NSM 80's from my local DV.

First up:

Behringer Truth B2030A (Pair).
I bought these a few weeks ago, not expecting to be purchasing a set of new monitors so soon. I don't want to make anything on what I paid for them. They are ok sounding actually. I never really used them for making music, because I've been on a bit of a hiatus. When playing back tracks I knew well, they sounded fairly detailed and didn't miss too much. I paid 50 for them. I'm looking for the same. If you want a 2nd set of monitors to reference against, they would be a good option. I'd keep them, but the HSM 80's are too big to fit them in as well.

Second:
Tannoy 6D.
These were my beloved monitor of choice for many years. Fantastic, mainly due to their great tweeters. I resisted upgrading or changing, because I rated them that much. The updated models don't have the super tweeters, which put me off considering them.
These were serviced about 18 months ago by Panic Music just outside of Cambridge. At a cost of just under 200. They replaced a DIP switch on one unit, and a tweeter on the other. Panic are authorised repair agents for Tannoy and other Audio Equipment Manufacturers. However, a few months ago I started getting a scratching sound from one of the drivers. It was intermittent, but recently it has become quite regular. I'm not sure what is causing it. It could be something simple like a loose connection, but I don't have the time or patience to pull them apart to investigate. Nor would I justify another trip to have them repaired.
So these are sold on the advice of being Repairable or Spare parts. Someone was doing the same on Ebay and wanted 150, which I thought was a bit steep. I'd take offers close to 100.

Both are collection only from Birmingham. I've definitely not got the box for the Tannoy's, I'll look to see if the Behringer's is about somewhere.

Pictures to follow. Gotta clear some space off of my memory card to take them. In the mean time, feel free to PM me
EdRyan is offline Offline