DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > News > The Hot Link
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

The Hot Link A digital 'Heads-Up' to Web content that might stimulate your creativity

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th July 2010 , 01:30 PM
Rave Digga

Default argosy workstations..im in love !!

ive just saw the argosy website and fell in love with there workstations..they maybe expensive but sweet baby jesus riding a motorbike full of chocolate pringles !! they look sexy as hell

only thing is i cant find anywere in the uk that stocks them

http://www.argosyconsole.com/home.html
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 4th July 2010 , 02:02 PM
Keeper o' the Keys!

Yes, they are very nice indeed. I considered the DM3200 specific console for a little while, but in the end decided to go the DIY route instead. If you look on their "How to Buy" page, it lists the various international distributors, including the UK.
Old 4th July 2010 , 03:02 PM
Rave Digga

thanks dave i never saw that.
so how much did your diy job cost you ?my wife wants me too convert the attic into a studio so she can have the back bedroom back as a guest room shes said i can have a budget of around 5000 its either that or goto new york this year and do the attic next year.im looking for ideas and pics of attics converted to studios but couldnt find i like do you know of any pics of attics converted to studios dave?
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 4th July 2010 , 03:05 PM
Tarnce Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxxy View Post
so how much did your diy job cost you ?my wife wants me too convert the attic into a studio so she can have the back bedroom back as a guest room shes said i can have a budget of around 5000 its either that or goto new york this year and do the attic next year.im looking for ideas and pics of attics converted to studios but couldnt find i like do you know of any pics of attics converted to studios dave?

Dude

5000k and i'll bloody move in for the week and build whatever you want
tehlord is offline Offline
Old 4th July 2010 , 04:02 PM
Keeper o' the Keys!

I do know someone with an attic converted to a studio. I may be popping over there next week... I'll ask him about what it cost him etc...

I probably spent about 200-300 in all on the console desk and desk-top rack. You can see some pics of the desk being constructed in an old MySpace blog entry here: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...ogId=172314832
Old 4th July 2010 , 05:11 PM
Mic Check 1!

Fwiw the uk argosy distributor Is a bit of an arse (or was with me when I was looking at buying one a few years back). Take a look at the ones from Sterling Modular. I found that I liked them better and the distributor was much better to deal with.
Old 4th July 2010 , 06:02 PM
Rave Digga

thanks dave id really appreciate that..ive just read an articale on the sound on sound website about pros and cons of building studios in different parts of the house they say it could cost a load too build one in the attic because of building regulations and id need too put in stronger ceiling timbers,board out and insullate all walls,id lose around 12 inchs per wall because of the tickness off insuallation id need to be upto building regs..if thats true id be lucky too get a chair in our attic its not exactlly massive as it is because its a end terrace house,id also have to put in a window too keep the room ventelated,rewire the room,put in lights...etc
some off the things i can get done cheap because i have mates who are builders such as plasterers but i dont know any roofers or how much it costs too put in a window into a roof.
on the site it says if i class it as a storage room then i dont need to put in a stair case but if im using it as a bedroom i have to put in a staircase because of fire regulations that state every bedroom needs access too get out but a storage room only needs ladder access as you arnt sleeping up there.
its really complicated and looks like the 5k budget will get blown out of the water very very easily..for the 5k i was hoping too make the attic into a studio and buy a new computer or hopefully a imac.

if you could ask your mate dave if hes had to stick to some regulations and how much he thinks it will cost him too get it kitted out..im hopeless at diy so ill have to pay mates or contracters too do the work so i need a rough estimate.

i found a link for them on sale in uk kmr sell them but they cot the same in pounds as they do in dollars as with everything at kmr way over priced thats why i only buy from dv247 now better prices and better customer services
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 4th July 2010 , 06:13 PM

you ever heard of 'deconomix'

google it, I would love to get them guys in to make me a custom install, they have done some amazing work!

there facebook page has loads of pics on
Old 4th July 2010 , 08:44 PM
Mic Check 1!

Quote:
Here's one a buddy from another forum did in his attic:

http://www.studio-central.com/phpbb/...e95e63efd1d801
Old 4th July 2010 , 10:37 PM
Rave Digga

thanks trev that post was brilliant i had to join up to that site too view the tpic but its ell worth it ..that space is a bit bigger than mine but ive ased them a few questions about it..thanks again trev i owe you one you really are the studio yoda
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 5th July 2010 , 05:10 AM
Uber Member

There's no doubt those workstations look superb. I'm pretty happy with my Quik-Lok number mind you. Bought for the bargain price of 65 brand new. Nowhere near as robust as those things though. You would probably be aswell going down the DIY route like Dave mentioned, save yourself a packet. If you're anything like me you'll get someone else to do it for you.

If i was putting together a larger studio in a new home which i hope to do in the future, i would definitely consider a larger more robust workstation. I have a friend who is a joiner though who could probably put something together for me. I'd want it modelled on something like those mind you
Piano is offline Offline
Old 5th July 2010 , 05:20 AM
Uber Member

You shouldn't have posted a link to taht site Waxxy. I want one of those now. Has to be added to the wishlist for when i move house. The other half is gonna kill me.
Piano is offline Offline
Old 5th July 2010 , 07:46 AM
Tarnce Monkey

Quote:
thanks trev that post was brilliant i had to join up to that site too view the tpic but its ell worth it ..that space is a bit bigger than mine but ive ased them a few questions about it..thanks again trev i owe you one you really are the studio yoda
You'd be surprised at how easy it'd be to create something with MDF and a bit of imagination.

Do you need to board out the loft etc as well?
Old 5th July 2010 , 11:41 AM
Rave Digga

my mate put a couple of loft boards down so we could put xmas tree and other stuff up there but if i was having my studio up there itd have to be more secured and checked it could hold the weight.
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 5th July 2010 , 12:03 PM
Tarnce Monkey

Quote:
my mate put a couple of loft boards down so we could put xmas tree and other stuff up there but if i was having my studio up there itd have to be more secured and checked it could hold the weight.
Best bet would be to get the local building inspector down. You'll get a load of free advice there too, you may find that there are grants available for loft treatment too that are mostly specific to insulation, but that may at least get the floor sorted.

What's your local council?