DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > News > The Hot Link
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

The Hot Link A digital 'Heads-Up' to Web content that might stimulate your creativity

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th April 2009 , 11:07 PM
Forum Idol

Thumbs up Untitled House Music Documentary Extended Trailer - 3:45

great trailer

http://vimeo.com/753921
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Old 15th April 2009 , 07:37 AM
Costa Del Cool

I'd really like to see the full program! No sign of it. Any further info Paul?
Old 15th April 2009 , 07:42 AM
Forum Idol

no not at the moment but il be keeping an eye out, id really like to see it
Old 15th April 2009 , 12:17 PM
Son of 'Z'

Oddly, it didn't really interest me.
EdRyan is offline Offline
Old 22nd April 2009 , 08:17 AM

Seems a tad samey to me. How many times has this tale been told. When 70% of the people of on the codumentary have made minimal to none contribution to the tale being told its becomes tedious.

Pump Up The Volume on channel 4 was miuch better!
Jake is offline Offline
Old 22nd April 2009 , 08:42 AM
Administrator

This does seem to very much represent the U.S. perspective only.. But, I would certainly enjoy a sideways peek from that angle

It was kind of ironic that the American jocks enjoyed their cult status, and had love and appreciation shown to them, by us, the British crowd. The explosion of the UK dance music scene in the 90's, and the high profile status bestowed upon them by UK magazines such as Mixmag and 'DJ Mag' helped raise their profile, expanding into Europe and beyond, making them more popular on this side of the Atlantic than theirs..

House music was birthed from Disco, same 4/4 beat, same open hi-hats, same soulful groove/melodies.. Today's 'funky-house' is just modern day Disco..

Dang, I shoulda been a guitar thrashing punk but then I heard Moroder, Kraftwerk and Santa Esmerelda.. Studio 54 where are you!?!?
Old 22nd April 2009 , 08:44 AM
Forum Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by modz1 View Post
I shoulda been a guitar thrashing punk
no, Trev and T3 are enough for any forum
Old 22nd April 2009 , 11:46 PM
Son of 'Z'

Quote:
Originally Posted by modz1 View Post
This does seem to very much represent the U.S. perspective only.. But, I would certainly enjoy a sideways peek from that angle

It was kind of ironic that the American jocks enjoyed their cult status, and had love and appreciation shown to them, by us, the British crowd. The explosion of the UK dance music scene in the 90's, and the high profile status bestowed upon them by UK magazines such as Mixmag and 'DJ Mag' helped raise their profile, expanding into Europe and beyond, making them more popular on this side of the Atlantic than theirs..

House music was birthed from Disco, same 4/4 beat, same open hi-hats, same soulful groove/melodies.. Today's 'funky-house' is just modern day Disco..

Dang, I shoulda been a guitar thrashing punk but then I heard Moroder, Kraftwerk and Santa Esmerelda.. Studio 54 where are you!?!?
It runs a bit deeper then that Modz.

American Culture tried to kill disco & soul music completely at the end of the 70's. I remember watching documentaries with clips from news broadcasts of people holding mass public record burnings etc. In the end, artists buried it in the 80's with R&B ballads etc. But anything that resembled disco just didn't get airplay anymore. Some people said that it was pretty much a decade of music being ignored, until Hip-Hop exploded in the late 80's and sampled a lot of the old records. Some people argue that the death of disco was political/social/racially motivated, and if Hip-Hop hadn't of come along black people in America would still be unequal. I'm trying not to focus on that here, as it's a big, nasty subjective topic...that is pretty irrelevant when talking just about music.

For a while, it was Europe that kept the disco & soul torch burning. We went a different way. Rather then embrace Hip-Hop, we seemed to take on house and related 'electronic' genres. The American Dj/Producers like Knuckles/Morales/MAW etc were still top of the pack, which is why they got so much work here. Then British producers such as Dave Lee, Full Intention etc came along with their disco cut ups in the 90's. Oddly, I remember Dave Lee telling me he used to fake up his records as being imports, and this was the start of him having many production names. The shops were ignoring UK house producers, so he pretended he was American...

A lot of the American DJ's now resent their European counterparts. Dj Sneak rambled on last year about what real house is and how Europe has ruined the sound. I guess he's just a bit bitter that success will always bring fans. Fans can then go on to try and emulate their idols, and end up creating something else. That's what happened with house music. The American Dj's milked it in the 90's, but are now slowly being left out because their sound is not as desirable anymore..
EdRyan is offline Offline
Old 23rd April 2009 , 02:36 AM

With regards to DJ Sneak. I think he is just a tad upset that he just isn't as relevant anymore. Good DJ though, I do like him. If you can't keep up its not really cool to moan when you get left behind.
Jake is offline Offline
Old 23rd April 2009 , 09:57 AM

i love house music....need electro also...

if you have plz share here..

i m waiting for this..

thanks