DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Old 30th August 2012 , 02:40 PM
Round The Horn

Lightbulb vbStopForumSpam addon

If not already installed I strongly urge DV247 Forum admin to install the vbStopForumSpam addon. I have had it on my VBulletin forum for months. It is easy to install and it works. It stops known spammers from registering and is constantly being updated. Once installed the addon will check each member registration attempt against a database containing IP address, username and email address combinations of known spammers.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...=stopforumspam
saxman is offline Offline
Old 7th September 2012 , 01:57 AM
Round The Horn

I just reported spam from member "ptboch010" who joined the DV247 forum on 5th September 2012.
This username has been in the stopforumspam list since 29 August. A different IP address was recorded in stopforumspam for that username on 6 Sep 2012 but it is very likely that this member would not have been allowed to join at all if the stopforumspam addon had been installed by DV247 forum admin.
Old 7th September 2012 , 08:06 AM

Saxman, I am not sure whether to think that DV247 is on holiday or asleep at the wheel as I sent a message to the forum administrator on 30th August to ensure that DV247 doesn't miss this topic.
Lester is offline Offline
Old 7th September 2012 , 09:23 AM
Administrator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxman View Post
If not already installed I strongly urge DV247 Forum admin to install the vbStopForumSpam addon. I have had it on my VBulletin forum for months. It is easy to install and it works. It stops known spammers from registering and is constantly being updated. Once installed the addon will check each member registration attempt against a database containing IP address, username and email address combinations of known spammers.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...=stopforumspam

Hi Saxman and Lester,

Sorry for the late response on this.

We have finally got around to getting a few minutes to install this. It looks like it works quite well and has blocked some spammer registrations already.

So thanks for that!!

I've also tweaked a few other vBulletin settings so hopefully that should reduce the number of spam registrations too.

Thanks!
Chris
chrisa is offline Offline
Old 7th September 2012 , 12:17 PM
Round The Horn

Thanks Lester for reminding DV247 forum admin about this and thanks Chris for confirming that is has been installed.