DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Site Stuff > Forum Feedback
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Forum Feedback Your views on this pro audio forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 30th April 2010 , 12:40 AM
Son of 'Z'
 
EdRyan's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 1,864
Post posts about spam - moved from spam thread

I've gotta say when people are signing up with Brand names and phone models as their user login details..... surely they should be recognised as spam before they even type the world sale...
EdRyan is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 30th April 2010 , 01:24 AM
Round The Horn
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Morden, Surrey
Posts: 1,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdRyan View Post
I've gotta say when people are signing up with Brand names and phone models as their user login details..... surely they should be recognised as spam before they even type the world sale...
Modz1 said the DV247 tecchies were going to look in to my spam management suggestion. It seems they have not implemented it yet. With my suggestion in place then all they need to do is select "delete as spam" for spam messages like this and then similar messages do not get posted. Members who have posted more than X number of messages would not ever be even tested by such a spam checker so I see no reason not to implement it asap.
saxman is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 30th April 2010 , 05:43 AM
Uber Member
 
Piano's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central Scotland
Posts: 1,715
Default

Well whatever it is, i wish they would implement it. I keep thinking there's new posts to read then i realise it's crap like this. We seem to get a lot of it. Annoying.
______________________________
System Details. Inta Audio Premium PC, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, Cubase 7, Yamaha N12 Digital Mixer.
BandCamp http://chriswilson.bandcamp.com/
SoundCloud. http://soundcloud.com/chris-wilson-1
Piano is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 30th April 2010 , 07:57 AM
Uber Member
 
Wilty's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Stevenage
Posts: 1,066
Default

And its all the bloody same....I don't like spam at the best of times, but this is getting proper boring.
______________________________
At the bottom of a rather steep Learning Curve (I like Brackets).
Wilty is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 30th April 2010 , 08:24 AM
Administrator
 
modz1's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: May 2008
Location: London
Posts: 1,848
Default

I'm closing this thread but keeping it live for a while so I can knock on a few doors down for some action!
______________________________
"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.."
modz1 is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 7th June 2010 , 08:54 AM
Administrator
 
chrisa's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 35
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxman View Post
Modz1 said the DV247 tecchies were going to look in to my spam management suggestion. It seems they have not implemented it yet. With my suggestion in place then all they need to do is select "delete as spam" for spam messages like this and then similar messages do not get posted. Members who have posted more than X number of messages would not ever be even tested by such a spam checker so I see no reason not to implement it asap.
Hi saxman,

Thanks for your suggestion. We do use the 'Delete as spam' feature of vbulletin with akismet. However we are looking at upgrading the forum software and will take another look at any enhancements we can make with regards to spam.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused, and thanks for your patience.
chrisa is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 7th June 2010 , 12:58 PM
Round The Horn
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Morden, Surrey
Posts: 1,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisa View Post
Hi saxman,

Thanks for your suggestion. We do use the 'Delete as spam' feature of vbulletin with akismet. However we are looking at upgrading the forum software and will take another look at any enhancements we can make with regards to spam.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused, and thanks for your patience.
Thanks for your reply Chris.
Well, I have to say that something is not right. I tested the Akismet anti-spam with vBulletin Version 3.8.2 and it works. I have re-tested it many times with the ongoing spam that gets posted to DV247 and every spam message I have copied and pasted from DV247 to my Vbulletin forum gets flagged by Akismet as spam. I therefore have to conclude that your Aksimet anti-spam seems to be not working.
Did you get and enter your unique Anti-Spam Key ? Without that key Akismet anti-spam will not work. It uses that key to track the messages you submit as spam but you must select 'Submit data to Anti-Spam Service' when you 'delete as spam' or the message never gets sent to Akismet and it will never be able to recognise a similar message as spam.
saxman is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spam @ DV Forums Maccy Off Topic 9 16th December 2009 09:54 AM
Blocking Spam sphelan Computer Hardware 3 6th May 2009 01:57 PM
Why has Logic moved some quantised notes DV Daz Logic 7 16th April 2009 08:04 AM
Combatting spam saxman Forum Feedback 26 14th October 2008 09:52 AM
Binding posts! Hog PA Systems & Live sound 2 24th July 2008 03:28 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.0
1999-2017 DV247 Ltd. All rights reserved.