DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Music Equipment Discussion > Drums & Percussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Drums & Percussion The place to discuss drum kits, percussion & e-drums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th January 2011 , 08:33 PM
Uber Member

Default Will this work with my DTXplorer?

I use my DTXplorer alongside drum software for recording but the rubber snare really bothers me, it just doesn't feel right for playing and doesn't always respond well with the BFD software i use. Sometimes i hit and it doesn't register the hit in the software and also, quick hits in succession are near impossible, it just doesn't register all the hits. These rubber pads definitely have their limitations. My intention is to buy a better digital kit in time, but i'm looking at about a grand to get one that is good enough with mesh head pads.For the time being though, i was wondering if i could buy a Yamaha pad from a higher spec model and use it with my DTXplorer? I just need to know if it will trigger the software that i use but obviously better than the rubber kit currently does?

The pad i am looking at is the Yamaha XP100SD, i would post a link to it but it's on another shops website. DV doesn't seem to stock them. I really need to get something done about this snare in particular because it is limiting my creativity on the drums for recording. I just need a better pad that will trigger my software and feel more natural to play.
Piano is offline Offline
Old 17th January 2011 , 07:48 PM
Furry Filter Phreak

Ill very soon be selling my Roland TD12 Kit (with a top pearl HH stand, kick pedal and gibraltar throne) if of interest - be about double what you looking at though.
Old 17th January 2011 , 09:07 PM
Mic Check 1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazul View Post
Ill very soon be selling my Roland TD12 Kit (with a top pearl HH stand, kick pedal and gibraltar throne) if of interest - be about double what you looking at though.
pm me a price old bean
Old 18th January 2011 , 07:08 AM
Uber Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazul View Post
Lovely kit mate but probably out of my price range. I was looking at the TD4-KX as a replacement for the one i have now. My limit is about a grand for a kit unfortunately!
Piano is offline Offline