DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Music Equipment Discussion > Drums & Percussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Drums & Percussion The place to discuss drum kits, percussion & e-drums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th November 2010 , 10:05 PM

Default Handsonic 10 vs Wavedrum

Hi All,

I was thinking of getting some accoustic congas untill I came accross the Handsonic, then I bumped into the Wavedrum.

Does anyone have these or used them? Which one is better and which would you recommend?

I don't know a whole lot about them or about playing percussion other than tapping on any surface that'll make a sound.

What I want is to be able to add live percussion to my tracks.

Thanks
junebug is offline Offline
Old 11th December 2010 , 09:00 PM

Default Re Wavedrum

Hi

I was looking for a single compact unit that would help me practice for the Samba Brazilian drumming I have just started. I am a beginner drummer that used to have a full kit but never used it.

I also looked at the Roland Handsonic but then came accross the Wavedrum. Some 10 years ago this unit cost in excess of 3,000 in the UK (seen a second hand one for sale for an amount in excess of that even). Now its 399 in the UK and I have had one for 3 days and can't keep my hands off it.

It has a real drum head (which you can tighten/loosen) rather than the rubber of the Handsonic and uses 24bit PCM sounds vs the 16bit Roland sounds. It behaves exactly in the same way as a drum head and you hear your hand, stick, brush etc exactly as it is meant to. It has significant (and quite complicated) levels of editing all aspects of the sounds so you can tune the sounds to how you want them.

Unhestitatingly recommend this - it will make a drummer of you - it is so infectious. Well done Korg!

David
ebonyrock is offline Offline