DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Old 5th August 2008 , 05:26 PM

Default Akai MPC 4000

Hey guys,

Have seen the MPC being used loads in the usa and in some studio in london. I have never used one and the ones i have seen ive glimpsed. Does anyone here own one? reason im asking is because i was wondering does it come preloaded with sounds or do you connect it midi and load a plug in?

DjRo
DjRo is offline Offline
Old 5th August 2008 , 06:07 PM
Rave Digga

ive used mpcs and there brilliant for hiphop..the reason everyone in hiphop uses them is because the timing is EXCELLENT AND when you sample anything it sounds warm and not cold clean sounding like some vst samplers,,the downside is there expensive but the next best thing is either the akai mpd24 (which i have ) or the akai mpd32...the mpd32 is as close to a real mpc as your gonna get ..it features all the same features as the mpc range but you cant sample with the mpds but you can play samples youve already got..it comes with midi and usb ports and if you use usb you dont need the power adaptor its computer powered.

the mpds are excellent value for money and i cant recommend them enough i use mine all the time the mpds also have encoder knobs and faders so you can use it with vst instruments and use it with cubase or logic as a mixer ..Akai MPD24 Velocity-Sensitive Pad Controller at DV247.COM the mpd24 is 100 pounds cheaper than the mpd32 but you dont get the quantize features you do get on the mpd32 also the mpd32 is slightly bigger.
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 5th August 2008 , 06:15 PM

Default Waxxy Mpc

Mate do you have any traks u can sho me that u hav dun on the MPC or include MPC... like on my space or summin.
DjRo is offline Offline
Old 5th August 2008 , 06:48 PM
Rave Digga

ok heres some vids of the mpds in action ..YouTube - MPD24 and some George Duke as you can see the akai mpd24 can do basically the same stuff as a mpc but youll need a vst sampler too cut up loops but theres lots of free samplers knocking around.YouTube - JUNO Making Beat with MPD 24 and REASON 4
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 5th August 2008 , 06:50 PM
Rave Digga

heres a akai mpd24 tutorial ..YouTube - How To.. MPD24/Fruity Loops Part 1
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 5th August 2008 , 10:28 PM
Hell-Rider

I have an MPC 1000, i dont have my computer up and running but i could send you stuff ive used it on when i have it outta the box again (its pretty crap in terms of the tune but the MPC sounds nice on it). I tend to only use it for drums as like waxxxy says it has a character of its own. I tend to run midi to it from cubase and then just capture back and its great for this, whack the Amen in and chop it carefully, pitch it a couple of semitones and your in break heaven. The effects are really good, messing with samples is excellent, in terms of making a whole track on it i dont have much experience as i mainly use it for drums like i said. when ive attempted to do it ive ususally just programmed MIDI segments and then loaded them into the MPC via USB and then just arranged everything, sounds great doing this but i like being able to use Reaktor etc so for me its a case of using the MPC as a sample playback and drum machine. but if you really want that AKAI Sampler sound then its definatly worth it. The MPC500 is a great little tool but again id probably use that as a drum machine and i kinda wish id bought that instead of the 1000 as the 1000 is more of a dedicated machine than the 500. Still theyre 100 cheaper now then when i bought mine so BARGAIN!!!!
JAYDMF is offline Offline