DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Music Equipment Discussion > Drums & Percussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Drums & Percussion The place to discuss drum kits, percussion & e-drums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th April 2010 , 01:34 PM

Default Cheap 2 channel mixer?

Hi all,

I use (two) DM5 modules with my electronic kit. The thing it's missing though (other than USB connection which is solved with a midi-> usb converter) is the option to play along with e.g., iPod. Bit annoyed really as I bought the original kits just before the DM6 came out... which has the option to plug in external source.

Anyway, I figure I need a small mixer? Something like this would do it, I expect: http://www.dv247.com/dj-equipment/ge...j-mixer--63472

but that seems quite an expensive "solution"... does anyone know of a really cheap little mixer out there that would work.... before I head off to Maplin and buy the bits and solder one together?

Thanks!
weirdbeardmt is offline Offline
Last edited by weirdbeardmt; 15th April 2010 at 02:20 PM. . <
Old 15th April 2010 , 02:41 PM
Keeper o' the Keys!

Yep, in this instance I'd say a small mixer is the right option. Now I'm not prone to recommending Behringer equipment (shock horror! ), but for your specific application, I reckon a XENYX 502 would fit the bill since you're only using it to mix two sources plus an iPod to headphones for private practise purposes:

http://www.dv247.com/studio-equipmen...m-mixer--31558

You could plug your DM5s into inputs 2/3 and 4/5 and then your iPod with a stereo 3.5mm jack to dual phono cable into the tape inputs.