DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Music Equipment Discussion > Drums & Percussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Drums & Percussion The place to discuss drum kits, percussion & e-drums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th June 2010 , 01:20 PM
Keeper o' the Keys!

It will always be difficult to get good cymbal samples stuffed into a drum module. Cymbal samples need to be very high quality to capture the complex high-frequency overtones which translates to needing a lot of memory to store the samples... and that goes against a price-conscious design where available memory will be limited. The higher end models have better cymbal sounds, my TD12 has quite acceptable cymbals, but they will never compare favourably to a multi-gigabyte drum sample library. Really only the top end kits (e.g. the Roland TD20 and the like) would use onboard sounds for recording with, as you have discovered, the ranges below that being used to trigger sample libraries instead.
Old 28th June 2010 , 05:44 PM

Default Dtexplorer

Hi there guys

I am also using a DT XPLORER on a gig, its working ok I guess. I have two questions,
When I plug my drums though the mixer. I use the left and right, bit how do I split the two the left on the left channel and the other pads on the right?
Than second when I use my midi out to a keyboard could I get drums from the keyboard?

Thank you
Elton
drumiq is offline Offline
Old 28th June 2010 , 05:50 PM

Default Dtexplorer

Hi there guys

I am also using a DT XPLORER on a gig, its working ok I guess. I have two questions,
When I plug my drums though the mixer. I use the left and right, bit how do I split the two the left on the left channel and the other pads on the right?
Than second when I use my midi out to a keyboard could I get drums from the keyboard?

Thank you
Elton
drumiq is offline Offline
Old 28th June 2010 , 06:01 PM
Keeper o' the Keys!

I've never used a Yamaha kit, but you should be able to set the pan position for the sound on each pad via the edit menus on the module... you should also be able to set which note number each pad transmits to map them to the drum sounds on your keyboard to allow you to connect them via MIDI as you suggested.
Old 29th June 2010 , 05:04 AM
Uber Member

Switch on your module, select a kit you want. Keep pressing the right hand arrow (5 times i think) and you will come to "pan". By hitting each pad, the module will take you directly to it's particular pan setting. Simply use the jog dial to change it to what you want. Once you have set the pan settings to what you want, keep pressing the save button until it says "completed" and it will be saved like that.

Hope this helps.
Piano is offline Offline