DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Music Equipment Discussion > DJ World
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

DJ World Decks, Mixers, MP3 and General DJ Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st July 2011 , 11:10 PM

Default Recording audio from dj mixer into Ableton

Hey,

Am currently using a setup that involves me running audio from Ableton out of my audio interface and into a dj mixer. I am then routing the master audio from the mixer back into an audio track in ableton to record the live results of my mixing. I want the mix to sound as loud as possible without clipping.

Im confused about the best way to set the levels as the audio coming back from the mixer shows at a much lower level on the metering. I can push the master or gains up to get this level up but the metering on the dj mixer goes above 0db and into the red which Im concerned about doing.

I understand that I need to keep my levels as even as possible in the mix but wonder what the best rule of thumb would be for my metering. Can I push the master from the dj above 0db as long as it doesn't go above 0db on the Ableton audio track I am recording into?

Advice would be appreciated on this one
Centrifuge is offline Offline