DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Music Equipment Discussion > DJ World
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

DJ World Decks, Mixers, MP3 and General DJ Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th November 2010 , 10:59 AM
Furry Filter Phreak

Just another follow up on CatTrax - Im finding I generally very poor for none mainstream stuff. As a database app - yes its pretty good for search etc once you have the information in it, but getting it in from a wide variety of sources is making it a non-starter - may as well just type it directly into Windows media player, or tracktor which defeats the object

Part of that is CDDB itself just isnt that great (especially considering its commercial nature now), the other part is the search options and data import options, for eg I can easily manually find album and track listsing, cover art etc via google and now via some tools, but i dont see an obvious way to say bulk copy and paste this information into CatTrax. Perhaps Im just missing something.

The best sources I have found so far are discogs, cduniverse and HTFR web sites however they are all just web sites. Discogs is handled by CatTrax, but the searches it issues to it dont seem to be very useful compared to a google site: search.

Anyway - continuing to develop my own tool for this to search a load of known info sites and a growing list of publisher and record label web sites.