DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Old 8th July 2008 , 11:43 AM
Jeremy Lumsden

Default Amazing AKAI MPC Performance

An amazing performance by DJ Shadow, Cut Chemist, and DJ Numark performing live on Akai MPC samplers!!

[YOUTUBE]IQcyLMa716k[/YOUTUBE]
Old 8th July 2008 , 01:19 PM
Administrator

Pure genius!!!!!!!!!!
The intricacy and subtlety displayed in this performance is astounding. Aside from the outrageous talent shown by the three DJ/Producers, how well does this illustrate the diversity of the MPC ramge as a studio and performance tool? - Woah...
Old 8th July 2008 , 03:45 PM
Spectrum Idoliser

Just goes to show that you can use samples and still be creative and original. They've more talent than most indie bands I've heard.
Old 8th July 2008 , 05:21 PM
Rave Digga

holy crap that was the best thing ive ever seen ..
that shows why every hip hop producer raves over the mpc range they blow every sampler away ..youd never see anything like that done on software samplers.

to be honest ive got software samplers but i still think my akai 3000xl is much better the editing and playback seems too me much more realistic sounding and also a sample done in the akai sounds much warmer than say kontakt ..i know software samplers have better memory and can play back longer samples but i can sample and edit 10 times faster in my akai than i ever could in kontakt.
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 22nd July 2008 , 07:24 PM
Administrator

If you liked the technical intricacy of that, then you may also be interested in this short myspace video of daltron/d-tronics using an mpc-4000 from 2005.

chrisa is offline Offline
Old 24th July 2008 , 08:43 PM

Default Crap

This is complete crap. They kid themselves that they are musicians but they are not. Your grandmother could do this even better. They just bash buttons and make an awful racket. These people need to learn to read music, perhaps even play a real musical instrument. Start with a recorder do some grades. Then you have some talent. I cant believe anybody would be daft enough to pay to watch this garbage.
easytreasure is offline Offline
Old 11th September 2008 , 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easytreasure View Post
This is complete crap. They kid themselves that they are musicians but they are not. Your grandmother could do this even better. They just bash buttons and make an awful racket. These people need to learn to read music, perhaps even play a real musical instrument. Start with a recorder do some grades. Then you have some talent. I cant believe anybody would be daft enough to pay to watch this garbage.
I assure you that "bashing buttons" like you said on an mpc takes practice like a real instrument does. Please do not disrespect Hiphop as it is a genre like anyother

Check this guy out:

Don't mind the comments he makes
Last edited by e-vinyl; 11th September 2008 at 03:55 PM. . <
Old 8th October 2008 , 03:34 AM

[QUOTE=easytreasure;1833]This is complete crap. They kid themselves that they are musicians but they are not. Your grandmother could do this even better. They just bash buttons and make an awful racket. These people need to learn to read music, perhaps even play a real musical instrument. Start with a recorder do some grades. Then you have some talent. I cant believe anybody would be daft enough to pay to watch this garbage.[/QUOTE]

well i hope your talking about me and not shadow, cut chemist and numark.. cos if not - thats blashemy!!!! I can read 'real' music, and have played guitar for over 14 years and piano for nearly 10!! and i think if you actually took the time to listen to the artists listed above's music you'll find it much more musical than most of the garbage thats around on the radio today..

lol @ 'start with the recorder' haha..

for those that were digging my vid check come new stuff on youtube if you get a sec:
[url]www.youtube.com/daltronbeats[/url]
daltronbeats is offline Offline
Old 8th October 2008 , 10:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-vinyl View Post
Just had chance to check out this link from E-Vinyl:
I gotta say, this is beautiful stuff.. A simple Hip-Hop beat is dropped, then Boon Doc triggers the individual parts of a group of samples to make a gorgeous arrangement that is so, well.. musical

If that's the dude 'messin' around', woah! If he'd record that piece, I'd purchase..
Old 8th October 2008 , 11:16 AM
Forum Idol

what Boon Doc says at the end, couldn't agree more "f@ck the bullsh!t, just have some fun"
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline