DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Music Equipment Discussion > DJ World
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

DJ World Decks, Mixers, MP3 and General DJ Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th November 2008 , 02:12 PM
Forum Idol

Default Tracktor Scratch Pro Initial thoughts

Ok this isn't so much a review as more of a first impressions page, its not been out long enough to warrant a fair review.

so having said that iv been using it for around 10 hours now, 30min at a time as my serial STILL hasn't arrived and forced to use it in demo mode any way im loving the lay out and the extra fx but to be brutally honest i got more gripes about it, its been crashing on me while analysing certain tracks and it picks up the bpm of tracks at around half speed, not getting to see any album art as of yet either? im running a MBP 4gig RAM 10.5.5 and a Vestax VCI-100 which unfortunately has me thinking has not got enough parameters to cope with TP, not used TSP yet as been lazy to hook it all up as usual.

so what is every one else saying on the subject?
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Old 10th November 2008 , 11:40 AM

Hi mate - what kind of tracks forced it to crash?

I've only run it a few times, but it was perfect on my 1.7Ghz laptop with 512Mb RAM... I had album art working fine too, and my impression was that it was better at picking up bpm - mind you I was taking the age of my laptop into account and only had around 30 tracks in my folder, all of which were reasonable wma's..

Cheers

Steve Parker
Music Technology Manager
Arbiter Group
sparker is offline Offline
Old 10th November 2008 , 12:09 PM
Forum Idol

i think it may of been the external drive the tracks where stored on, since then iv loaded around 1000 tracks onto the internal and it seems smooth, although occasionally it picks up the wrong BPM, still getting to grips with it and customizing it just right for my needs. seems great. N.I have unofficially said they will be releasing a new update to adress the few reported bugs quite soon
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Old 13th November 2008 , 11:04 AM

Default Traktor No Upgrade Available

Having bought Traktor DJ I was a bit pissed off to find that the "new" Traktor Pro was not available as an upgrade.
Native instruments are currently flooded with complaints from dJ's who are livid that after several years of Traktor bugs and crashes during which they helped by suggesting improvements they have been excluded from the new upgrade.
This software was quite expensive (nearly£200) and was sold with access to upgrades.
So Native Instruments changed the name of the software to cut off all their existing customers.
Nice one eh!
Curry Muncher is offline Offline
Last edited by Curry Muncher; 13th November 2008 at 11:11 AM. . <
Old 13th November 2008 , 11:07 AM
Furry Filter Phreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry Muncher View Post
Having bought Traktor DJ I was a bit pissed off to find that the "new" Traktor Pro was not available as an upgrade.
Native instruments are currently flooded with complaints from dJ's who are livid that after a few years of Traktor bugs during which they helped by suggesting improvements.
This software was quite expensive (nearly£200) and was sold with access to upgrades.
So Native Instruments changed to name of the software to cut off all their existing customers.
Nice one eh!
I got an upgrade from Traktor 3 to Traktor pro. I dont understand what you are saying.
Khazul is offline Offline
Old 13th November 2008 , 11:18 AM
Furry Filter Phreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureno View Post
Ok this isn't so much a review as more of a first impressions page, its not been out long enough to warrant a fair review.

so having said that iv been using it for around 10 hours now, 30min at a time as my serial STILL hasn't arrived and forced to use it in demo mode any way im loving the lay out and the extra fx but to be brutally honest i got more gripes about it, its been crashing on me while analysing certain tracks and it picks up the bpm of tracks at around half speed, not getting to see any album art as of yet either? im running a MBP 4gig RAM 10.5.5 and a Vestax VCI-100 which unfortunately has me thinking has not got enough parameters to cope with TP, not used TSP yet as been lazy to hook it all up as usual.

so what is every one else saying on the subject?

My experience so far:

1. It wanted to re-analyse my entire collection - fine, but unlike traktor 3, it seemed unable to both analyse and play on the same (quite powerful) laptop, and additionally the re-analysis seem to take a very long time comapred to T3.

2. Its a shame that native recording was cut out - this was a very useful feature

3. Also annoying that the VCI-100 controller is no no longer a pefect match, however this is allways the problem witth all DJ controllers, so the VCI-100 IMHO still remains the best controller on the market for Traktor Pro - its a shame Vestax didnt stick a few additional unallocated knobs on it.

I have had on semi-crash out of it - its audio engine died when I tried to play and re-analyse. The application consequently had to be killed later.

TBH - I have never had T3 working reliably on my main DAW computer, however it has allways been OK on dedicated laptop with nothing much else on them - Ive allways considered it to be rather sensitive, but it hasnt died on me at a critical point. As with all software - if gigging with it then I allways took a pre-mixed set on an iPod just in case - I did the same with Live 7, not that I gig much.

I still havnt had much of a chance to get into it yet much yet - had alot of music to re-org and re-analyse etc.
Khazul is offline Offline