DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers

DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers (/)
-   DJ World (http://forums.dv247.com/dj-world/)
-   -   VMC-100? Any comments? (http://forums.dv247.com/dj-world/1773-vmc-100-any-comments.html)

sureno 23rd October 2008 07:44 PM

VMC-100? Any comments?

http://www.dv247.com/assets/products/51852_p.jpg

well im considering getting one of these to use with TSP, i like the look of it over the VCI-100

http://www.dv247.com/assets/products/40180_p.jpg

iv used the VCI-100 and out of all the controllers its the best iv used, but iv not seen the VMC-100 before so i ask what are the 2 big dials for and has any one used one and can recommend it over the VCI-100?

Khazul 23rd October 2008 10:04 PM

We were looking at both of these as my gf also needed an decent audio interface for her laptop.

In the end we went for the VCI-100 and an NI Audio Kontrol 1.

I can thoroughly recommend the VCI-100 for controlling tracktor (not sure about serato) - very positive control - especially the wheels and transport buttons - Ive found alot of DJ controllers to have really nasty spoungey buttons on them making precise launching of a track on cue a bit hit a miss - not so with this thing. :thumbsup:

The touch sensitive wheels are nice, but no resistance (sensitive to touch in the inner area for scratching while rim is nudge) - so in that respect is very much like using a pair of CDJ-1000s.

A couple of minorish gripes - I so wish it has an extra knob in each channel for key (the pitch shifter in traktor). I like to do harmonic mixes, but i like to hack them - ie bend a track to a chosen key rather than allwys making do with the key they are in, or shifted to - maybe its because I was allready used to a DJM-800 mixer where I'll often repitch an outgoing track near the end to match an incomming track - if you can pitch up a come of semitones - great for cranking the energy :)

For a whle I also wished it had a buttton for explicit slave mode - now I think Im happy to live without it.

With the VCM-100 - it looks cool, but actually I couldnt really see a point to it, just not enough controls to be useful unless your also using with with (for eg) a pairs of CDJs and/or a pair of decks to control tracktor via time code - in which you wouldnt need the audio interface as you would already have an Audio 8 :confused:

sureno 23rd October 2008 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khazul (Post 14572)
We were looking at both of these as my gf also needed an decent audio interface for her laptop.

In the end we went for the VCI-100 and an NI Audio Kontrol 1.

I can thoroughly recommend the VCI-100 for controlling tracktor (not sure about serato) - very positive control - especially the wheels and transport buttons - Ive found alot of DJ controllers to have really nasty spoungey buttons on them making precise launching of a track on cue a bit hit a miss - not so with this thing. :thumbsup:

The touch sensitive wheels are nice, but no resistance (sensitive to touch in the inner area for scratching while rim is nudge) - so in that respect is very much like using a pair of CDJ-1000s.

A couple of minorish gripes - I so wish it has an extra knob in each channel for key (the pitch shifter in traktor). I like to do harmonic mixes, but i like to hack them - ie bend a track to a chosen key rather than allwys making do with the key they are in, or shifted to - maybe its because I was allready used to a DJM-800 mixer where I'll often repitch an outgoing track near the end to match an incomming track - if you can pitch up a come of semitones - great for cranking the energy :)

For a whle I also wished it had a buttton for explicit slave mode - now I think Im happy to live without it.

With the VCM-100 - it looks cool, but actually I couldnt really see a point to it, just not enough controls to be useful unless your also using with with (for eg) a pairs of CDJs and/or a pair of decks to control tracktor via time code - in which you wouldnt need the audio interface as you would already have an Audio 8 :confused:

yeah very true, think its the VCI-100. the other just looks more solid, ideally i want to use my cdj's less and less at gigs i need to use my own stuff

Khazul 23rd October 2008 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureno (Post 14573)
yeah very true, think its the VCI-100. the other just looks more solid, ideally i want to use my cdj's less and less at gigs i need to use my own stuff

Could be worse - you could have a pair of tech 12xxs to lug around too :)

sureno 23rd October 2008 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khazul (Post 14577)
Could be worse - you could have a pair of tech 12xxs to lug around too :)

those old boots permanently reside at home:D

Khazul 24th October 2008 07:13 AM

Sorry - slight OT question - You have scratch and the Audio 8? Have you tried controlling traktor from those decks (and/or the CDJs)?

I'm just curious if you can launch a track properly from a deck or not in the normal way for a deck or whether you still have to go push play or do anything else in tracktor? Ie how well does it track scratch repeats etc on the timecoded vinyl and cds?

sureno 24th October 2008 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khazul (Post 14581)
Sorry - slight OT question - You have scratch and the Audio 8? Have you tried controlling traktor from those decks (and/or the CDJs)?

I'm just curious if you can launch a track properly from a deck or not in the normal way for a deck or whether you still have to go push play or do anything else in tracktor? Ie how well does it track scratch repeats etc on the timecoded vinyl and cds?

ah sorry i keep meaning to test out my cdj's its fine on my TT's, the vinyl is split into 3 parts, intro mid, outro so it picks it up well gave it a blast using the vinyl but to be honest i got ableton shortly after and have been neglecting TS, iv hardly used it but from what i have it seemed to work well although i found master tempo not as good as my 1000's