DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 2nd October 2008 , 02:14 PM
Forum Idol
 
sureno's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: west london depot
Posts: 7,873
Default MOS Dj Comp!!!

Here
______________________________
Im a Mac and Windows 7 was not my idea
WWW.SURENO.CO.UK
www.myspace.com/djsureno
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 2nd October 2008 , 02:40 PM
Son of 'Z'
 
EdRyan's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 1,864
Default

Hmm.

You gonna enter Paul.

I'm not sure if I can cut it just yet. Which track do you think I should send them?

EdRyan is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 2nd October 2008 , 03:04 PM
Forum Idol
 
sureno's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: west london depot
Posts: 7,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdRyan View Post
Hmm.

You gonna enter Paul.

I'm not sure if I can cut it just yet. Which track do you think I should send them?

NO!!! even my damn pictures come out bad
you on the other hand mix #3 is the way to go!!!
______________________________
Im a Mac and Windows 7 was not my idea
WWW.SURENO.CO.UK
www.myspace.com/djsureno
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 2nd October 2008 , 03:24 PM
Son of 'Z'
 
EdRyan's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 1,864
Default

3 it shall be then.

Just pull your finger out and get on with it !
EdRyan is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 2nd October 2008 , 03:31 PM
Forum Idol
 
sureno's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: west london depot
Posts: 7,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdRyan View Post
3 it shall be then.

Just pull your finger out and get on with it !
oh i like it when your all domineering. LMAO
______________________________
Im a Mac and Windows 7 was not my idea
WWW.SURENO.CO.UK
www.myspace.com/djsureno
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 2nd October 2008 , 03:37 PM
Administrator
 
modz1's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: May 2008
Location: London
Posts: 1,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdRyan View Post
Edit:Which track do you think I should send them?

Knowing the club, their Saturday night vibe and them in general.. I'd deffo send in 'Deepswing' Ed.. Trust your Uncle Modz...
______________________________
"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.."
modz1 is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 2nd October 2008 , 03:41 PM
Forum Idol
 
sureno's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: west london depot
Posts: 7,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by modz1 View Post
Knowing the club, their Saturday night vibe and them in general.. I'd deffo send in 'Deepswing' Ed.. Trust your Uncle Modz...
really i thought 3 but you got more experience i suppose 3 just sounds more commercially viable as electro seems to be more popular at the minute? and i like that track the most too
______________________________
Im a Mac and Windows 7 was not my idea
WWW.SURENO.CO.UK
www.myspace.com/djsureno
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Last edited by sureno; 2nd October 2008 at 03:49 PM. . <
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 2nd October 2008 , 05:14 PM
Son of 'Z'
 
EdRyan's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 1,864
Default

Ohh now that's a tricky one..

See for most clubs at the moment, I'd say that the Marley thing would be the way to go. And from a technical point of view, I think it sounds a lot more professional then the Deepswing one. That said, I prefer 'Take Me To The Disco'. And I think it could work, just because I think the breakdown on it is nice, esp when it changes synth and the guitars come back.

My latest offering is nearly complete, and that could be a contender. There's one thing Im not happy about, and it's the only thing that isn't 'mine' (vocals). I've done the usual tricks (ie doubling up and +/- detuning) and it sounds a a lot better then last night. But it's still letting me down.

I'm flattered that you think anything is worth entering in !
EdRyan is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 2nd October 2008 , 05:19 PM
Forum Idol
 
sureno's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: west london depot
Posts: 7,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdRyan View Post
Ohh now that's a tricky one..

See for most clubs at the moment, I'd say that the Marley thing would be the way to go. And from a technical point of view, I think it sounds a lot more professional then the Deepswing one. That said, I prefer 'Take Me To The Disco'. And I think it could work, just because I think the breakdown on it is nice, esp when it changes synth and the guitars come back.

My latest offering is nearly complete, and that could be a contender. There's one thing Im not happy about, and it's the only thing that isn't 'mine' (vocals). I've done the usual tricks (ie doubling up and +/- detuning) and it sounds a a lot better then last night. But it's still letting me down.

I'm flattered that you think anything is worth entering in !
i still think #3, mix sounds better, its more relatable to the public (public will buy the compilation) i went and listened to all 3 again and stick with my choice, although what modz said must hold some weight, got me thinking what kind of playlist i would do, was thinking alot deeper but now thinking more chicago type house, but then look at the panelists Ed? might be thinking to go along there flavours? i know steve is into very deep bouncy type house??? oh the pressure
______________________________
Im a Mac and Windows 7 was not my idea
WWW.SURENO.CO.UK
www.myspace.com/djsureno
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 2nd October 2008 , 11:05 PM
Son of 'Z'
 
EdRyan's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 1,864
Default

I think the panelists will have been told to look further then their personal prefs. Most likely looking at skill and creativity more then genre.

The Production on the Peyton one isn't quite upto it, Deepswing is a lot better and my fave of the three. But I know that the Marley 'connects' and sounds non too shabby on a club system..

Just writing the end of #4 now. And I'm almost happy with that. Modz..you have a pm !
EdRyan is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 2nd October 2008 , 11:08 PM
Forum Idol
 
sureno's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: west london depot
Posts: 7,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdRyan View Post
I think the panelists will have been told to look further then their personal prefs. Most likely looking at skill and creativity more then genre.

The Production on the Peyton one isn't quite upto it, Deepswing is a lot better and my fave of the three. But I know that the Marley 'connects' and sounds non too shabby on a club system..

Just writing the end of #4 now. And I'm almost happy with that. Modz..you have a pm !
How creative do you get? something you can replicate on cdj's or something completely mashed together using all sorts? i want a bring in if you win, at least a little spot here and there Ed
______________________________
Im a Mac and Windows 7 was not my idea
WWW.SURENO.CO.UK
www.myspace.com/djsureno
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 3rd October 2008 , 12:14 AM
Son of 'Z'
 
EdRyan's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 1,864
Default

I'll sneak you in. You can carry my Novation and HD25's. Beats carrying record boxes !!



As for creativity. Well that's the point. How subjective can you be. It's almost as bas as asking what is considered artistic.
EdRyan is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 3rd October 2008 , 12:19 AM
Forum Idol
 
sureno's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: west london depot
Posts: 7,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdRyan View Post
I'll sneak you in. You can carry my Novation and HD25's. Beats carrying record boxes !!



As for creativity. Well that's the point. How subjective can you be. It's almost as bas as asking what is considered artistic.
me rolling around naked covered in paint on a huge canvas, now that is art
sure does beat carrying vinyl, il even talk to all the sexy girls for you so as not to distract you from the job in hand, its a hard life but hey thats what mates are for
______________________________
Im a Mac and Windows 7 was not my idea
WWW.SURENO.CO.UK
www.myspace.com/djsureno
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 3rd October 2008 , 01:38 AM
Son of 'Z'
 
EdRyan's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 1,864
Default

Think not on the girl front.

I have a habit of chasing girls who already have bfs. Maybe you could deal with their other halves for me instead ?

I'll pay you a pound for every black eye, bruise and broken bone you suffer !

EdRyan is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 3rd October 2008 , 08:46 AM
Forum Idol
 
sureno's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: west london depot
Posts: 7,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdRyan View Post
Think not on the girl front.

I have a habit of chasing girls who already have bfs. Maybe you could deal with their other halves for me instead ?

I'll pay you a pound for every black eye, bruise and broken bone you suffer !

lol, its more fun when they have boy friends they aren't as committed deal thats .50p more than when i worked the door years ago
______________________________
Im a Mac and Windows 7 was not my idea
WWW.SURENO.CO.UK
www.myspace.com/djsureno
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.0
1999-2017 DV247 Ltd. All rights reserved.