DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Music Equipment Discussion > DJ World
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

DJ World Decks, Mixers, MP3 and General DJ Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd September 2008 , 09:05 AM
Forum Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelan View Post
Like many of the world's dictators who escape the wrath of justice, he died of natural causes - a heart attach. It can't have been easy working every day with the rear of the cops busting down your door!!
was thinking may be a disgruntled listener
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Old 22nd September 2008 , 09:06 AM
Costa Del Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureno View Post
was thinking may be a disgruntled listener
Funnily he had a huge fan base! I think the cops even sympathised with him but had to do their job...or not!
sphelan is offline Offline
Old 22nd September 2008 , 02:52 PM
Son of 'Z'

Technically, the majority of internet radio and internet media in general could fall under the terms of piracy. Companies like Youtube have had to do deals and settle lawsuits from media corps like Viacom etc because of y.t hosting copyrighted material.

The trouble is that there is so much out there, that it's only worth the authorities and orgs like mcprs going after the ones getting a lot of listeners.

It's all a big mess to be fair.
EdRyan is offline Offline
Old 22nd September 2008 , 02:58 PM
Forum Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdRyan View Post
Technically, the majority of internet radio and internet media in general could fall under the terms of piracy. Companies like Youtube have had to do deals and settle lawsuits from media corps like Viacom etc because of y.t hosting copyrighted material.

The trouble is that there is so much out there, that it's only worth the authorities and orgs like mcprs going after the ones getting a lot of listeners.

It's all a big mess to be fair.
yeah the internet has really divided the music industry into many segments, with things like internet radio, limewire etc etc its a boiling pot of complete chaos at the moment but should hopefully level out, suppose untill then keep doing what your doing, i still think some kind of internet DV radio sounds cool feasable i doubt it but cool most definately
Old 22nd September 2008 , 04:05 PM
Son of 'Z'

The big juicy point at the heart of the internet is basically:

Well since the record industry no longer has the ability to control and monopolise the use of their content, what's the best way of making the technology work for them.

1) Some thought that DRM would solve all the problems. It didn't.

2) Some thought that giving music away for free, and taking revenue from adverts would solve the problem. So far, its not really working.

3) Then some bright sparks decided to use the 'buffet' subscription method. Pay a monthly fee, download all you can. But again, that's not worked.

Why, because you can break the law and get music for free and without adverts.

This has sent the mcprs scrambling to the government, asking them to force IP's to log and then ban all users that download heavily.

That's something I don't agree with. They should sort themselves out, before shifting the responsibility to IP's. Find ways of making the internet work for the people they represent, instead of trying to punish the majority (sadly) of the population.
EdRyan is offline Offline
Old 22nd September 2008 , 04:41 PM
Forum Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdRyan View Post
The big juicy point at the heart of the internet is basically:

Well since the record industry no longer has the ability to control and monopolise the use of their content, what's the best way of making the technology work for them.

1) Some thought that DRM would solve all the problems. It didn't.

2) Some thought that giving music away for free, and taking revenue from adverts would solve the problem. So far, its not really working.

3) Then some bright sparks decided to use the 'buffet' subscription method. Pay a monthly fee, download all you can. But again, that's not worked.

Why, because you can break the law and get music for free and without adverts.

This has sent the mcprs scrambling to the government, asking them to force IP's to log and then ban all users that download heavily.

That's something I don't agree with. They should sort themselves out, before shifting the responsibility to IP's. Find ways of making the internet work for the people they represent, instead of trying to punish the majority (sadly) of the population.
yes i have seen these threats, it's vicious out there but interesting to watch. there is a particular site out there that will inform you of the latest law suits etc, it does tend to lean towards the favour of P2P sharers so i wont post the link but it's really a very sensative issue in goverments accross the world at the moment other than sweden of coarse, which is for P2P in essence the pirate radio station scene 10 years ago have transformed into today's internet download cult.