DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers

DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers (/)
-   DJ World (http://forums.dv247.com/dj-world/)
-   -   Latest Pioneer CDJ woes (http://forums.dv247.com/dj-world/1078-latest-pioneer-cdj-woes.html)

EdRyan 12th September 2008 11:00 PM

Latest Pioneer CDJ woes

Just posting to ask you lot about the latest 800 and 1000 models.

I have been playing on them lately, and have found them to be woefully horrible.

The main problem is the build quality. The buttons love sticking, esp the que.
The other one is the platter doesn't sit like the older versions. They have added some sort of weighting system to it. Nudging +- felt awful comapred to my pair of 1000MkII's.

They just didn't respond right at all. It felt like I was playing on a budget deck..

That said, the mixers are getting better. It was my first hcance of the ne DJN and it was good. But then I saw the A&H 4d... and I dunno. It's gone be another tight battle !

conor_j 12th September 2008 11:27 PM

I think the cue button issue is present in all versions of the 1000's ed, ive played on mark 1's 2's & 3's where the buttons where sticking, or worse yet where pushing the cue button too hard skipped a track forward, finding that out just prior to a mix is interesting lol!

Wee tip on the jog wheel weighting on the mark 3's tho, if you set the dial to about 2 oclock (theres a grey marker to show you where) then that should be the same weight setting as you would find on mark 2's, thats where mine permanently stay.

Your right tho for the price pioneer are charging for the 1000's i would want a far sturdier piece of gear, fed up turning up to clubs to be told 'mind that cue button shes dodgy', or thoses 'track skip buttons sometimes dont work'.......sort it out pioneer!

sureno 13th September 2008 12:04 AM

sent one of my cdj's back on warranty cos the cue button had a fracture or something but became super sensative to touch. the resistance setting is good i feel, to have it like the mkII the knob should be set half way. i think the display is better as it is brighter too but thats my op :p

conor_j 13th September 2008 12:13 AM

a lot of the first produced mk3's had laser trouble also, one of mine simply decided it didnt fancy playing cd's anymore.... wouldnt have minded but it took pioneer over 6 weeks to get it sorted under warranty, which was longer than I had owned it for

sureno 13th September 2008 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conor_j (Post 7125)
a lot of the first produced mk3's had laser trouble also, one of mine simply decided it didnt fancy playing cd's anymore.... wouldnt have minded but it took pioneer over 6 weeks to get it sorted under warranty, which was longer than I had owned it for

yes took mine 4 weeks was p!ssed:mad: