DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Digital Audio Sequencers > Cubase
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Cubase Discuss Steinberg's popular DAS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd September 2011 , 02:51 PM
Administrator

Question Which Steinberg CMC Modular Controllers Are For You?

Great article over at DV Magazine yesterday http://magazine.dv247.com/2011/09/21...r-controllers/ from Editor, Rob Sandall.

The new Steinberg CMC Controller range looks like a super cool way to get a totally user bespoke DAW control set up and have the whole shebang mounted in the accompanying 'Studio Frames' too.

Considering that each of the CMC's handles a specific control function (transport, pads, rotaries, faders and more), what would be your ideal combination for Cubase and/or Nuendo?
Old 22nd September 2011 , 04:07 PM
Uber Member

I'd like 4 of the fader controllers, the EQ and the AI knob ones and maybe the transport one if I had some spare cash.
However the pricing seems too high. With the money spent on all the controllers and the frames you can buy a more solid, all in one, solution.
They look great, and would be amazingly integrated with the software, but the price is a real turn off for me, even if there is the possibility of buying one at a time.
Old 22nd September 2011 , 05:14 PM
Sound Guru

The CC121 frame plus a two fader modules would be excellent, as I have a CC121. I think most of the other 'utility' modules cover what the CC121 can do anyway (the channel strip, transport, AI... only the pads are new & different.)

... but, with regret, I can't do it. The lack of compatibility with other DAWs is the deal-breaker for me. I need any future cash put into controllers to work with Pro Tools and Nuendo - so an MC Control and/or Mix is in my future.

That said, for someone who is strictly in Cubendo and nothing else that they need faders in, it's pretty cool. I'm interested in knowing how well automation is tracked with those "touchscreen" faders...
Old 22nd September 2011 , 07:42 PM
Tarnce Monkey

Bit meh tbh.

I think if they were under £100 each i'd be more inclined to look further, but even so I'm really baffled at this obsession with touch screen/pads. It's not as good as a fader, which is kinda the point of the control surfaces in the first place. And the price of the frames makes me think i'm being bent over already.
tehlord is offline Offline
Old 22nd September 2011 , 08:29 PM
Uber Member

'Bent over' is exactly right. From the chatter on the web I think a lot of people agree. Having thought about it some more during today Steinberg definitely won't be getting my hard earned scratch until they come up with something else.

I'm also hoping with the release of these the older controller (the CC121 or whatever it's called) may drop in price (hint DV, hiiiiiint).
Old 22nd September 2011 , 08:31 PM

Looks like a good new range of control surfaces from Steinberg. However, I already have a CC121, so they are not offering too much extra. I might think about more faders, and the housing to hold the CC121 and 2 modules looks great, so I could see an FD and maybe a PD as well. All a bit pricey though, but I assume the quality is high.

Any ideas when DV will have them in stock?
Last edited by spyder; 22nd September 2011 at 08:36 PM. . <