DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Old 8th March 2011 , 02:32 PM

Cubase 5 installed, registered and running smoothly

It can't find my EW Play plugin yet tho, hopefully that should be easy to fix!
Bloke From Barnet is offline Offline
Old 8th March 2011 , 07:49 PM
Rave Digga

ANOTHER THING SOME PEOPLE DONT REALISE IS if you get either cubase 5 or cubase 6 once you update the liscence and dongle you get full backward compatibilty with any version of cubase wether it be full or studio versions

so if yourdesperate for cubase sx3 you dont ned to worry about wether it has a liscence or not once installed it will work it wontneed a liscence ..ive seen versions of cubase go very cheapley on ebay when they have no liscence all you need are the install dvds or if youve got a mate who has it just borrow them install and give them back

also once installed your free to grab the free upates via the legacy page at steinberg ..

i currentlly have cubase 5,cubase 4,cubase sx3 ,studio 4,studio 5 all installed and running perfectlly i love cubase 5 and must admit i use that the most but i still love the features in cubase 4 the video features are much better than cubase 5 and sx3 is much easier to use and less cpu hungry than some of the other versions which feature cpu hungry plug ins ..

im gonna update to cubase 6 soon though i wasnt gonna bother at first but i might as well update seeing as the update price is very cheap .
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 11th March 2011 , 01:52 PM

Yeh I read that on their site, your licence will allow you to download older versions and use them with your current licence. This is a really good thing for them to do and very helpful for someone like me who made most of my recordings in VST & SX2.

I remember my old boss getting the really old version of Cubase on an Atari, it was around 1989. We hooked up the TR707 drum machine, the synth and made a whole backing track without even touching the tape machine, it was out of this world!!
Old 11th March 2011 , 02:47 PM
Rave Digga

ive still got my old copy of cubase and my atari 1040 and mono monitor i sealed it up in a airtight weather proof bag and put it in my attic ..even though i no longer use it i couldnt throw it away because its got great memorys and sentiment too it..

i know it sounds daft but back in the rave days i took it everywere when i did gigs at illegal raves and clubs and it was one of the boys it never let me down and kept in time the ataris were brilliant.

but i did see one get murdered once for crashing at lisa stansfields studio we went there once to book some studio time and apparentlly the guy whod just hired the studio was recording his session on the atari and it crashed after him working days on his track the idioit didnt back everything up before mixing so he lost everything then he yanked it out the studio and threw it over the wall into a river ..well that was the explaination we got why the atari wasnt there and it was smashed up on some rocks by the river lol..

ive still got all my old cubase atari discks and id love to remix some of my old stuff which i orgot how too play does anyone know how to get the midi information of the discs and allow the information to be used in cubase 5?
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 12th March 2011 , 09:41 AM

Sounds like fun Waxy!

Won't they just be standard midi files?
Old 12th March 2011 , 03:05 PM
Rave Digga

i tried to use a old floppy drive on a old computer but they wouldnt recognize for some reason
waxxy is offline Offline