DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Digital Audio Sequencers > Cubase
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Cubase Discuss Steinberg's popular DAS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th July 2010 , 02:30 PM
Uber Member

Default DCOM connection to program "Synsopos.exe." failed.

What the hell??? I just fired up the DAW for a bit of Sunday afternoon noise-making and got this error:

eLicencer control error. DCOM connection to program "Synsopos.exe." failed. Error: The server threw an expectation

Google isn't very helpful, nor is the Cubase forum. Its something to do with Synchrosoft.

I workarounded it by starting Cubase with the dongle out then putting it back in when it told me I hadn't got one connected but when I restart it does it again.
All the help I found on Google was trying to get me to download registry scanning software and told me it was malware?

Anyone had this? Do I just need to reinstall the LCC or is it something bigger?
Old 25th July 2010 , 02:44 PM
Keeper o' the Keys!

Synsopos.exe is the eLicenser program (name such 'cos it was originally developed by Synchrosoft). First simple step would definitiely be to reinstall your eLicenser sofware.
Old 25th July 2010 , 02:50 PM
Tarnce Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boulden View Post
Synsopos.exe is the eLicenser program (name such 'cos it was originally developed by Synchrosoft). First simple step would definitiely be to reinstall your eLicenser sofware.
+1

and in this case i'd try unplugging it, re-inserting and letting Windows try and find the relevant files etc.
tehlord is offline Offline
Old 25th July 2010 , 03:00 PM
Uber Member

Yeah thats what I thought, didn't wanna fiddle too much in case I ended up having to reinstall Cubase or wiped my licences or anything silly though. Cheers for the quick reply lads.
Old 25th July 2010 , 03:10 PM
Tarnce Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilty View Post
Yeah thats what I thought, didn't wanna fiddle too much in case I ended up having to reinstall Cubase or wiped my licences or anything silly though. Cheers for the quick reply lads.

The licenses are kinda hard stored on the key, and the elincer software is independant of Cubase so you should be fine.
Old 25th July 2010 , 03:31 PM
Uber Member

Yeah I didn't honestly think I would, but didn't wanna go into a problem that looks simple without asking advice from wiser heads, I've caused myself grief before like this hehe.
Old 25th July 2010 , 04:31 PM
Tarnce Monkey

Quote:
Yeah I didn't honestly think I would, but didn't wanna go into a problem that looks simple without asking advice from wiser heads, I've caused myself grief before like this hehe.
Dunno about the wiser part
Old 25th July 2010 , 08:22 PM
Rave Digga

IVE had that problem all i did was download the newest syncrosoft program install it and i restarted my computer and it was fine.i read the problem is sometimes when closing cubase it can corrupt your syncrosft security so when you restart cubase it thinks its an illegal copy or its not registered so it gives errors..
also on another note steinberg will give you new keys for your steinberg products as long as you register both the products and dongle with them this is useful just in case you break the fragile dongle i know mines got a crack in it and ive only removed it once or twice they break very easily.
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 26th July 2010 , 11:44 AM
Uber Member

Looks like its that simple hehe. 'Threw an expectation' made me chuckle though, doesn't sound so much like a computer error, more an optimistic horse.
Yeah my dongle is a little worse for wear as well. Was looking at getting an internal pci usb card and tucking it away in the box.
Old 26th July 2010 , 12:29 PM
Keeper o' the Keys!

Quote:
Was looking at getting an internal pci usb card and tucking it away in the box.
Have a search on eBay for "usb header socket" and you'll find a little converter cable that plugs into a USB header on your motherboard and has a standard external USB socket on the other end. This will give you a USB socket inside your case for only a few quid.
Old 26th July 2010 , 12:35 PM
Tarnce Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boulden View Post
Have a search on eBay for "usb header socket" and you'll find a little converter cable that plugs into a USB header on your motherboard and has a standard external USB socket on the other end. This will give you a USB socket inside your case for only a few quid.
Yup

Or I bought a Plexus 2 x Firewire and 4 x USB 2 combo PCI card from a well known etailer for a tenner. I connected my Powercore to this which is a good idea as it kept all the data on a seperate buss.
Old 11th May 2012 , 10:54 PM

Default DCOM connection to program 'Synsopos.exe failed' Error: Unspecified error

Hi, I had this same error message:

"DCOM connection to program 'Synsopos.exe failed' Error: Unspecified error"

And also;

eLCC.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I read posts about all kinds of fixes -- all day! -- which included:

[COLOR="Navy"]
Postby XAntaresX Ľ Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:09 pm
I got the following error with my eLicenser after upgrading it to version 6.3.4.2082

Application 'LCC2' has caused the following er
ror: DCOM connection to program 'Synsopos.exe' failed.
Error:Unspecified error

The sollution that worked for me was this:
1.Open the Control Panel
2.Select [System]
3.Select [Advanced Settings]
4.Under [Performance] select [Settings]
5.If DEP is available on your system, a DEP tab will be present in the Performance Setting dialog. Select this tab if itís present (if itís not present, then your system doesnít have DEP).
6. Select [Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select]:
7. Add SYNSOPOS.EXE from the folder [Programfiles/elicenser/pos] or wherever you have this file.

I have no Idea if this will help for anybody else, or what this stuff means, but it worked for me, and I am very happy at the moment because this have been preventing me doing work in Cubase for weeks

This was on a Windows 7 64bit system running Cubase 6[/COLOR]

And:[COLOR="Black"][/COLOR][COLOR="Black"] Reloading Windows from scratch; until I was about to give up.

Then I stumbled on a solution to set the EEc or ECC can't exactly remember.

Anyway I think found the ECC is in the Bios. So I searched through my Bios settings (I didn't find the ECC settings). But I noticed that USB2 was not enabled. I enabled that and then worked fine. after like hours of stress by it.

I thought I should post it and try and save some other person the fun of figuring this out: Moral of the story.. elicencer only works in USB2.

Thx guys

[/COLOR]
TimiB is offline Offline
Old 26th June 2016 , 09:18 AM

this is amazing

fav link:
[URL="http://www.seo-hkexpert.com/"]seo[/URL]
coeywong88 is offline Offline
Last edited by coeywong88; 21st July 2016 at 05:50 PM. . <