DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Old 3rd August 2008 , 05:43 PM

Default Registering Steinberg product

Hi, I'm trying to register cubase 4 with the steinberg key. It only has 9 numbers on the key and when I enter it, it comes back with an error message saying there should be 12 numbers. Looked in knowledge base and it mentions a registration card which I have never had (although purchased from DV247). Whe I try to go to the support form, it tells me I can't use support as I haven't registered product. I;ve been trying to get through on the phone for 4 weeks now (get message saying phone cannot be answered at this time despite phoning during support hours) and I can't find their email address. Can anyone help me out please? Cheers.
WillCotterill is offline Offline
Old 3rd August 2008 , 05:59 PM
Round The Horn

I've heard of being asked for 10 numbers when you only have 9 with another Steinberg product and the advice was to put a zero in front of the 9 numbers.
So, this is a long shot but easy to try.
put three zeros in front of your 9. 9+3 = 12 .........
saxman is offline Offline
Old 3rd August 2008 , 06:15 PM
Keeper o' the Keys!

My steinberg key (the Syncrosoft dongle) also has a 9 digit number printed on it. However, the 12 digit number they are asking for may be the "USB number". Make sure you have installed the Syncrosoft drivers and the License Control Centre software. Run the Control Centre program and in the main window you will see a list of licenses... the top level should be called "My eLicensers", the level below that will be something like "USB Nr. XXXXXX - XXXXXX" where the X's are the 12 digit number you are being asked for.

If you are still having problem, then in light of your not being able to get an answer on the phone number you are using for support, you could always try contacting Arbiter who are the UK distributors of Steingberg products in the UK (Steinberg - Official UK Website - arbiter.co.uk - contact phone munbers on the bottom of the page).

Old 3rd August 2008 , 06:25 PM

Thanks for the help, I'll try both these. Cheers both
Old 3rd August 2008 , 07:10 PM

Reinstalled synchrosoft and made note of USB number. Sorted! Nice one mate
Old 3rd August 2008 , 07:10 PM
Administrator

Hi Will
If for any reason all the above excellent advice still doesn't work, post back, and I'll bring this matter to the attention of Arbiter UK tech support..
Old 29th September 2008 , 03:42 PM
Pushing the Envelope

Also, always make sure you have the very latest version of the Syncrosoft licensing software.
mutilatedlip is offline Offline