DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Old 8th April 2009 , 05:51 PM

Default Cubase 5 update released

Hi Guys,
The latest release of Cubase 5 is available as a download from here.

"Cubase 5.0.1 Now Available

The first update of Cubase 5, version 5.0.1, is now available as download from our website. It incorporates a wealth of feature improvements and several fixes. Here are just a few of the feature enhancements Cubase 5.0.1 has to offer.

Plug-in scanning at program start-up has been optimized. In the Plug-in Information window, a button “Update Plug-in Information” has been added which enables scans through all installed plug-ins and adds additional information about plug-in properties to the list.

In the Setup window of VST Expression, it is now possible to define up to two individual MIDI Control Change messages for a Sound Slot in the Output Mapping area. Each sound slot can be associated with a color. When working in the MIDI editors, such as the Key Editor, you can use the Color Scheme Selector in the Toolbar to colorize note events by Sound Slots.

In LoopMash, saving or deleting a scene can be aborted by clicking the empty space next to the Scene Pads. An “Empty” preset has been added to easily clear an entire LoopMash instance. LoopMash now also supports the AI Knob of the Steinberg CC121 controller.

Supports for the AI Knob of the Steinberg CC121 controller has also been added to Groove Agent ONE. The pads C1 – B4 also include additional automation parameters. The central display on the Play page now displays a polyphony counter.

The ASIO load of REVerence has been drastically decreased and the plug-in latency has been reduced from 2,048 to 256 samples. Please note that CPU performance depends on the length of the impulse response and the number of channels used, which should be considered when setting the ASIO buffer size. "
a uk steinberger is offline Offline
Old 8th April 2009 , 06:17 PM
Rave Digga

HORRAYYYYYYY THANK GOD FOR THIS FINALLY I HOPE I CAN USE CUBASE 5 WITHOUT ANY HANG UPS biug thanks for the heads up mate ive been waiting pateintly for this .
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 8th April 2009 , 06:51 PM
Rave Digga

ok i just got it and installed it ..from what im reading its fixed the reverance problems weve been having and lots of other bugs ..i hope they fix the pages resizing themselfs its a real pain in the ass the way the edit page is massive and needs resizing everytime and the arrange page kept changing size too it couldnt be maximum size all the time i hope this is fixed now..

ive also got the groove agent one drum maps were do i place these and can they be used with beat designer?i hope they can the new maps are all the sounds in grove agent one and when using beat designer its always gm drum sounds mapped only i hope this can be dropped into beat designer..
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 8th April 2009 , 07:45 PM
Rave Digga

studio 5 update is here ..

http://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=1783&L=1
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 9th April 2009 , 05:46 AM
Uber Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxxy View Post
i hope they fix the pages resizing themselfs its a real pain in the ass the way the edit page is massive and needs resizing everytime and the arrange page kept changing size too it couldnt be maximum size all the time i hope this is fixed now..
Cubase 4 does this to me all the time. All the bloody time!!! If this is fixed in 5.1 that alone may tip the scales to upgrading....
Old 9th April 2009 , 10:38 PM
Rave Digga

ok ive been working with the cubase 5 update for awhile now and it does seem more solid than before buttons respond much better and things seem to tick along much better without taxing the cpu as much as it didbefore ..

BUT

theres still one major bug thats still bugging the hell out of me and thats the resizing problem cubase 5 has which all other versions havent had.
if you click on a edit window the window doesnt size up correctly so you have to manually drag it around until you can see the maximize tab you click that and everythings fine but once you close down the edit window your arranger page has shrunk so you have to manually click that to maximize the arrange page so you can see most your tracks..it also happens if you click on the mixer page the second the mixer appears the arange page shrinks and you have to resize again..it very annoying and counter productive i spend more time click size tabs than any other button in cubase 5.ive tried the windows lock feature and tried creating my own templates but they still resize to the wrong sizes the edit pages are way too big so the only way to get to see everything and edit them is to find the maximize tab to sort out the screen size.
i have all past versions and none display this resize but except cubase 5 cubase 4 happily keeps all boxs as you want them ..i hope steinberg sorts this out quickly its spoiling a perfectlly good application ..

also i cant understand why steinbergs given us drum maps for groove agent but the drum maps cant be used with beat designer !!! ive loaded them all up on midi drum map inserts no problem but when you use beat designer it will still only show you gm drum sound names it wont display groove agent one drum sound names so most the time the sounds dont correspond to the sounds being played in beat designer..wasted oppertunity there guys

but all in all i do love cubase 5 and it truely saddens me they cant see the faults or potential thats there .another thing they should do in a future update is give us some kind of sampler ..every review magazine/website has said the samething that cubase is now the only daw without any kind of sampler !!! surelly you could give all registered users a update which will give us a stripped down version of halion or maybe give us a vst version of the yamaha a5000 sampler..come on if you do this your loyal fans and reviewers would place cubase 5 number one in the daw stakes.its now the most expensive daw but still laking basic features and basic vst applications that cheaper daws such as sonar/fruity loops have been giving there users free for many years.
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 10th April 2009 , 05:57 AM
Uber Member

I agree with you on the sampler thing, although I use Short Circuit 2 which is free now- but it would be nice to have one bundled with Cubase. The resizing issue is there in 4 for me, sometimes it doesn't do it if you set every other window to 'Always on top' but this doesn't always help. Certainly gets tedious. Definitely looking at this upgrade (was hoping to get to one of the tour dates but couldn't swing it unfortunately), but then may hold on to my pennies until I have tried out PreSonus' offering to see how it competes.
Old 10th April 2009 , 08:45 PM
Hell-Rider

Can you not save the panel set up and just recall it everytime it goes screwey ?
JAYDMF is offline Offline
Old 11th April 2009 , 06:27 AM
Uber Member

That seems a little more effort than just maximizing it all again and whatnot. The general point is it shouldn't have to be done-its such a tiny thing that inturrupts workflow in a really tedious manner. I don't know much about software coding or any of the workings but surely seeing some of the issues that get sorted with updates this could be quite a simple one.
Old 16th April 2009 , 02:44 PM
Pushing the Envelope

I'm really enjoying this update - REVerence is lovely for a built in plug.

It's great!

That bloody window thing, though! Doing my head in. Keeps minimizing, and I've lost the transport repeatedly.
mutilatedlip is offline Offline
Old 16th April 2009 , 06:37 PM
Rave Digga

same here i love reverance best reverb plug in ive used...but the window thing spoils cubase 5 for me ive stopped using it now im back to using cubase 4.5 ill start using cubase 5 once they sort out the window thing if they dont i think ill be selling cubase 5 .i cant stand the window resize its driving me daft
waxxy is offline Offline