DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Old 29th March 2009 , 10:28 PM
Rave Digga

Default daylight savings times messed up cubase 5

since the clocks went forward ive had nothing but problems with cubase 5.
everytime the clocks change cubase always rescans your computer for any changes..its stupid i know but all cubases do it..well useally i have no problems it takes awhile and then everythings ok but this time it took over 8 hours to scan !!and when ive restarted cubase 5 its messed up big time..

when i click on anything to edit when the edit page pops up the edit page is massive and i have to manually drag it around to see anything its getting on my nerves because it spend most of my time now dragging boxs around instead of getting on with creating music.

also when i use the key edit page anything i draw is ok except if i draw from the first start point it wont draw there instead it draws a fraction over the line so it wont trigger the note on playback ive tried dragging the note to the correct position but it wont move ..

samples dropped in from my media bay arnt playing correctly there clipping.

its also crashed on me now over 5 times tonight and its getting to the point were i cant use c5 now..its frustrating ..imnot the only one quite a few are reporting problems too ever since the clocks went forward today..

can anyone help?
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 31st March 2009 , 11:00 AM
Pushing the Envelope

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxxy View Post
can anyone help?
Switch to tape.
mutilatedlip is offline Offline
Old 31st March 2009 , 03:26 PM
Rave Digga

well ive fixed some of the problems myself..somehow the timechange had messed with my syncrosoft program and it was causing c5/c4 to crash so i reinstalled the newest version and its loading fine.

the thing with resizing your arrange window and edit page is affecting lots of others too and for some stupid reason steinbergs taken the resize option out of the preferences in c5 but left it in c4..!! but since the clocks caused c5 to rescan the sizing has become a major problem im spending more time shifting windows around than composing so its got to the point were im better off using c4 until the major update hopefully fixs it.
waxxy is offline Offline